The Gift (6)

cw / implied drugging and panic attacks/delusions(?)

//

“SORIN!”

“Mmm…?”

Sorin sat up, trying his best to ignore the sudden spike of pain in his arm. Copper stood over Sorin, his eyes filled with nothing but raw concern. It only took a few seconds for Sorin to realize he was in Copper’s house. 

“.. morning?”

“MORNING?! SORIN, WHAT HAPPENED?!”

“Heeh…?”

“YOUR- YOUR ARM! AND ALL THE KNIVES AND-”

“Oh-...” Sorin remembered now. It was horrible. He swore it was a nightmare, it was something he thought was just horrendous pain that couldn’t be real. Copper’s voice zoned out as the events of that night fled back into his brain. 

“Sorin, Sorin! Hey, hey calm down-...” 

Copper tried to plead with Sorin, but he was out of it. Sorin felt as if he was spiraling into an abyss. Sorin began to hyperventilate as the events reached his brain again, even worse, twisting his head into memories he didn’t want. He subconsciously clung onto Copper as if it’d keep the floor from swallowing him whole. 

“So…Sori… in…” 

“Copper. Copper. Copper.” He repeated, although Sorin knew he was just blanking out. It didn’t stop him from feeling delirious though. 

“I’m here Sorin, okay? You’re in my house, we’re safe right now, okay…?”

He wasn’t sure if Sorin heard that, but it seemed to work well enough. Copper kept whispering comforts to Sorin as he slowly zoned back in, his panic leaving him alone- at least for now- as he held onto Copper. 

The morning was gentle and soft to them, allowing Sorin to feel a bit more safe. Finally, he pulled away from Copper, and blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the sunlight. He forgot how much he missed visiting Copper’s house. It felt warm, like a warm blanket that would keep him safe forever. 

“I- you alright…? Wanna talk about whatever happened last night?...”

Sorin looked to the ground, shame and fear filling him. Copper would think he’s delusional, wouldn’t he? No. No he wouldn’t, right? Copper was his friend. Copper… Copper saved him before. Sorin let his thoughts swarm and swarm like parasites until he felt himself drifting again.

’Stop thinking about it, stop thinking about it…’ At some point he thought he just heard ‘Stop thinking.’ 

“I-... I went into Sabre’s house-”

Copper went dead silent. He didn't respond, and all Sorin heard was his breathing. It somehow sounded irritated.

Oh god. He hated him. No- No.

Sorin  paused and tried to figure out his words as Copper stared holes into his head. It felt like he was next to a ticking bomb that he needed to diffuse, right now.

“Look I just-! Sorry I... I don’t wanna talk about it Copper, okay…? I’m just-”

Suffering. He was suffering, to no one but himself. He hated that more, because he couldn’t blame anyone for it, even though he already was. Was he suffering because of himself? No, it was Sabre’s fault. Right? He shoved those feelings back into his skull.

 He wasn’t crazy, nor was he suffering. He was fine.

“O-Okay.. Whenever you’re ready to talk about it. Just, don’t steal knives next time..? Or buy some knives, you can borrow some from me, okay.” Copper said, nudging Sorin’s shoulder jokingly, although Sorin didn’t reciprocate.