The Evening (10)

// paranoia

btw there’s a lot of ‘Ray uses things that aren’t actually in minecraft’ in this chapter, mostly just w arts and craft materials

also sorry if this chapter seems a little rushed I had a lot of ideas for Sorin stalking sabre but I didn't know how to write them auughh this was supposed to be slowly leaning into horror too but I felt like I was being boring so

Sabre didn’t tell M what happened that night.

He just wanted things to go back to normal, and he wanted to see if things would just die down if he stopped trying to get away from it. Besides, he had extreme doubts about anybody breaking into M’s house. His house was one thing, but a Leader’s? They’d surely be caught and arrested.

Luckily, he wasn’t wrong. Things got a bit better. For starters, no one had been outside the window again. A week went by and things seemed to be getting at least a bit better. No creepy encounters, and the village leaders stated how they didn't see anyone in his house.

Maybe everything will turn out well after all-

"Sabre." Light said firmly behind him, and judging from his tone Sabre already knew what he was going to be told.

Begrudgingly, he turned around to face his somewhat pale friend, who stared at him with stern eyes, with only hints of concern and anger laced in. He held his spear in one hand, and Sabre noticed M behind him, giving a expression of 'I didn't mean for this, good luck'

Sabre sighed. Good luck indeed.

/

“So, you have been drugged and someone broke into your house…”

“Mhm.”

“AND YOU DIDN’T THINK TO MENTION THAT TO ME?!” Light’s voice quickly snapped away from it’s previously stern tone, and Sabre couldn’t tell if he was concerned or furious. Yes, of course he probably should’ve told his friend, who was the head of the colorless guards who defended almost every kingdom, that was being watched but…

..Okay, he didn’t have an excuse besides his own guilt for it. Guilt that would worry Light and M (again).

“Sorry… I thought it’d resolve, w-which it.. Kind of is resolving?-” Sabre stumbled slightly on his words, but tried to bring some confidence to his words, “They haven’t come near me for a bit.”

Light’s eyebrows furrowed and he sighed, trying his best not to let his anger get the better of him. He couldn’t piece together why Sabre would silently let it pass, and why M didn't say a word about any of it. 

“You- For gods sake, Sabre. You’ve been drugged, and someone has broken into your house twice. You aren’t taking this seriously enough, if at all!” Light’s tone couldn’t help but be filled with more and more annoyance as he went on, and Sabre hid back a bit in his seat.

“...Okay. First things first, do you have any idea what they look like? And when have you seen them?”

“I- Uh- Light hey I-” Sabre was a bit taken aback by the immediate questions, his annoyed tone switching into a more stern one, “I-I dunno, I never got a good look at them. I was asleep whenever they were near me- if they were near me- and I-..”

Sabre’s thoughts trailed back to a bit ago when someone took a picture of him. Even so, he didn’t get a good look at them, so it’d be useless to mention it. 

“I wonder… hm. Recently someone went missing, I wonder if that’s connected.”

“Who went missing?”