The Medicine (16)

Heyyy haven't updated this in a while sorry !! Lost motavation for it

The hospital/medical scenes may not be too accurate to how these situations actually work my apologies for that; I'm most basing it off of when I got hospitalized becuz surgery lol

It was way too warm.

Professor clung to M, lightly tracing the skin on his arm.

He stared and held M under his arms, staring into his fluffy hair. He played with it with one hand, being careful of how curly it was and how it felt as if it hugged his hand and curled around his wrist. He smiled at the feeling of it, and frowned as he thought back to the situation.

Rightfully, he knew M wasn't a child anymore. He'd become a leader, and even if he was still a kid, he'd been through enough to have the mind of an adult. Yet, the professor still wished he'd never had to go through all of this. He didn't want M to suffer the same losses he did.

Or maybe he was still overreacting to those deaths.

He shook his head and rubbed his own forehead. Professor Red's head was aching horribly, and he looked at the time to try and get a bearing of how long it'd been. He looked at the clock.

Around 10. He'd been asleep too long.

Professor Red sighed, and looked back down to M. The sheets and pillows were messily sorted around him, it was obvious of the struggle he'd felt when he was dragged back up here.

His eyes softened, and he leaned over and gently sorted the pillows back to their proper place under M's neck; he already was going to develop a bad posture and neck damage with how much he hunched over. Professor smiled sadly at M and rubbed his shoulder in an attempt to silently comfort him.

So, what to do now? Surely he had to check up on Sabre. He was certain that Assistant had been checking up on him and making sure he was stable, yet he still had his own doubts.

Professor Red slid off the bed and grabbed his lab coat, looking around the house. It wasn't overly bright, nor overly dark. It felt too normal, considering Sabre could be dying a few floors under him.

He was certain Assistant had taken fine care of him, but still worried dearly.

/

"Assistant! Any-... ah."

The Assistant wasn't there. Presumably, he was charging. The next thing the professor looked to was Sabre, who was resting on the bed with a table brought over him. The table had a plate on it, with bits of bread. There was also a remote with something on it, although professor couldn't see exactly- it looked like icons. There was a big red button near the top of it, which he assumed was an emergency button.

"Sabre! Are you-"

"Awake. Yes." Sabre replied groggily, eating scraps of bread left on the plate, "Wish I slept a bit longer...". Sabre spoke as if saying that was a joke, but considering the circumstances it felt nothing like one. Professor sighed and walked to Sabre, looking at the bandages and how they were already turning brown from the blood.

"We need to check your bandages again. Did Assistant tell you about the transfusion?"

"...Mhm."

"Do you feel alright?" Professor Red spoke as he dealt with the wounds that were easy to access. He paused, and decided to wait before he dealt with Sabre's eye. He wearily changed the bandages without thinking.

"...Felt better. Threw my guts up a few times."

"Metaphorically or literally?"

Sabre looked at him funny as if he could actually do that, and Professor chuckled.