The Revelations (12)

“I-Is someone there!?”

Silence. Wind blew by, a window was open near him. His limbs were still bound against the chair, with nothing he could do but struggle more. 

He was tired of struggling, he felt the rope itching against his skin, his throat was raggy and sore, everything hurt. Just calling out for someone made it feel as if it were stretching his vocal cords out along a cliff. 

“PLEASE! I FEEL LIKE I’M GOING CRAZY!” He yelled out, then promptly began to cough as his throat gave out. He hadn’t drank anything, nor eaten anything today. Sabre couldn’t tell if it’d been hours, a day, a few hours, if it was night or day, nothing. Maybe Sorin had left by now, leaving him here to slowly die.

The house was silent for another minute, and Sabre’s ears felt as if they were ringing. Finally, he heard a creak, a small creak enough to make him jolt. Due to the silence, it was almost immediately evident he could hear footsteps. They wandered the house, and finally entered his room.

The door opened, and Sabre tried to listen as hard as he could to see if he could hear breathing. He didn’t know why, he just wanted to know if he could hear another person, someone else breathing and moving. The footsteps stopped in front of him, and he tilted his head up a bit to where he thought he stood.

“...Sorin..?” Sabre rasped out, coughing a bit after. The air seemed to freeze, then suddenly Sabre felt a hand tug at the blindfold. The knot came undone, and he quickly saw a flash of light as it was pulled off. 

His eyes adjusted to the dim sun in the room, and as he looked around he could tell it was still afternoon, slowly turning night. There was a window in the room, a few chairs, and stacks of books, art supplies, anything really meant to entertain. Sabre could now also tell that this was a treehouse, so most likely not near anybody.

Then, finally, he looked up at Sorin. Who, quite frankly, looked horrible. Sabre couldn’t tell any emotion from his eyes, not to say they weren’t filled with emotion, only that they were filled with so many it was hard to tell what meant what; or maybe Sabre couldn’t read emotions well. He thought Sorin was angry, and he definitely looked at it, but he also just looked confused and scared, determined, enraged, relieved, so many things.

“Mmm.. h-hey-...” Sabre tried to speak, but couldn’t say much with how sore his throat was. Sorin stared at him, his eyes blank and focused directly onto Sabre. Sabre shifted back a bit, as much as he could, as Sorin stared into his eyes more and more uncomfortably. 

One of Sorin’s hands raised, but didn’t hit Sabre. It moved to hold his face, more to examine it. Sabre had noticed his old blindfold- not the one Sorin had put on him- was taken off a while ago, although it wasn’t really used as a blindfold anymore. It only covered one of his eyes, one that had unfortunately been in the way when Demon Void had burned half his face.

He stared at it, though he’d already seen it when he’d taken the blindfold off. Sorin raised his other hand and covered Sabre’s good eye, great.

While he could sort of see out of his bad eye, it was very blurry and vague. He couldn’t really see shapes, and some things just didn’t appear. Currently, all he really saw was a lot of strange, multicolored blurry particles that he knew weren’t actually there, and a very blurred patch of yellow. He tried to focus on Sorin, but it wasn’t working out. He was quickly getting a headache from it.

Finally, Sorin moved both his hands away, still staring daggers at Sabre.

“..Wha- what do you want?” Sabre muttered out, not breaking eye contact with Sorin. Sorin stared at him, and stared until he just sighed.