The Conversation (9)

Sorin stared at Copper blankly, keeping his mouth shut. He didn't like it when Copper was stern with him, because he knew it meant he'd done something horribly wrong. It was even worse that Copper didn't know what this "horribly wrong" thing was yet.

    "Look, I know you're not in the mood right now but... you have been acting distant all week. I know it's a bit weird with Sabre back, but..."

    "Weird is stretching it. You remember what we went through, right?", Sorin snapped back. He wanted Copper to leave as quick as possible. Damn when he visits.

    "Of course I do." Copper pinched his nose, sighing. He knew Sorin wasn't doing okay and understood to respect his boundaries, but he couldn't just not notice how items just began appearing, or how the knives Sorin had were getting sharper, "But you act- You're- You're acting like-"

    "Acting like what, what?! Like I'm insane?!-" Sorin snapped back with a tone Copper rarely heard. It was a strange one. It was mixed with desperation and malice, but begging and sadness. Sadness, yet anger. Malice, yet panic. Copper could only guess what Sorin was thinking.

    "No but-"

    "Copper, I'm trying to keep us safe!"

    "SAFE FROM WHAT?!-" Copper didn't mean to yell, but he knew his friend was doing something wrong. Whatever it was, Copper knew Sorin could get in trouble for it. Would he? Copper couldn't quite know, he never really saw many criminals be arrested. It was only things that threatened the leaders or Sabre. Sometimes Sabre. Copper did remember how Sabre was exiled twice.

    Whatever it was, Sorin didn't respond, he just paused and glared at Copper. His eyes were filled with animosity, one that was barely held back from causing damage. Real damage.

    Copper cautiously held his hands up, and began to blurt out his apologies, his "I didn't mean that" and his "I'm sorry" as Sorin stared blankly. He knew Copper didn't mean it, that he was just frustrated. Why wouldn't he be? Sorin was making it harder for everyone in his life, although that wasn't many people.

because he deserves to rot and die and be forgotten in a ditch as the outpost burns to the ground

"I know Copper." Sorin said it bluntly, as if it was an automated response, "I'm just...". Hurt? Dull? Insane? None of these options would make Copper go away, but if Sorin lied Copper would catch on. Neither of these choices made Sorin feel relaxed, he felt like his muscles were being pulled so tensely together that they'd rip into shreds.

"I-I just..."

If he told him, Copper would turn him in. Then Sorin would die (although that wasn't that bad, was it?)

"I'm-"

Say something say something

"C-Copper I-" He felt like every fiber, every floorboard, every block and material that covered his house had grown eyes and began to stare deeply into him, seeing the bonfire inside him and cheering for it to burn his guts.

talk

The fire grew, then began to die. Sorin began to scream,

talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk ta