I Wish I Could Fly

I squinted and rubbed my eyes to make sure that I wasn't seeing things. The boy had shaggy hair as white as the snow and eyes as blue as the sky. I didn't think much of it since he probably bleached it that way. Then I realized that he was barefoot. And the only thing he was wearing out here was some brown pants and a thin looking hoodie. Now why in the heck would someone wear THAT in the middle of the winter, just as things were starting to go to freezing temperatures? I haven't the faintest idea. He didn't look cold, that was the weird part. He seemed to be having just as much fun as the kids and he was holding some type of cane. Scratch that. It wasn't a cane, it was a staff. In fact, I had to admit that that staff was pretty cool. It was twisted up then bent at the top all crooked, but you could tell that there was a sort of pattern going on. Suddenly, the boy turned and looked right at me. I quickly averted my eyes and started messing with a strand of hair that was sticking out of my hat. Next thing I knew, he was right in front of me. It was as if he was calculating my presence. He wasn't afraid to come this close and look at me straight in the eye.

And when I looked up at him and asked, "Can I..help you?" he jumped back in surprise.

"You can see me?" he asked a question in response, his eyes widening by the second.

I thought for a second. Was this a trick question or something?

"Yes? Are you okay?"

He started backing away before full out grinning at the kids.

"Guys, I'm gonna have to catch up on this snowball fight later-I have to tell North some important news!" he called out to the kids, ignoring my question and jumped into the air.

Except, when he did, he started flying. For some reason, I wasn't scared or shocked. All I felt was a bit of surprise and jealousy.