Safety First

There was a loud boom from behind and I craned my head while holding onto Jack. Something must've gone off in North's workshop because black smoke was seeping out of everything.

"Um..Jack?" I dug my hands into his hoodie to hold on tighter.

"HOLD ON!" he suddenly screamed and we went barreling down towards the dark snowy chasm surrounding North's place.

Jack pulled one of those portal snow globes out of his pocket and brought his arm back to throw it. It exploded before us and we flew through it so fast, I didn't have time to see where we would be going.

The wind rushing past my ears suddenly stopped. I heard Jack chuckle and slowly opened my eyes.

There was grass everywhere. And I mean everywhere. There were huge mounds of grass scattered all over the place and I could see a bit of cobblestone underfoot. It. Was. Beautiful.

I took in a breath and could faintly taste chocolate in the air. A path led from us to a hill where two huge eggs lined the path to another area. I couldn't wait to see it. There were pine trees strategically placed in just the right areas to create a homey sort of demeanor. I could hear birds chirping and there was a comfortable silence throughout. It smelled like wildflowers.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Jack spoke and I slid off of his back and landed softly on my feet. "Don't tell the Easter Kangaroo I said that." He quickly added and I smirked. Of course he wouldn't want Bunnymund to find out that he liked it.

I nodded anyway and continued to stare at my surroundings-my eyes widening at everything.

"You really like nature don't you?" Jack asked me, cocking his head a bit to the side.

"Yeah," I breathed before turning to look at him. "Except for the part where I almost died because of it." Jack laughed and shook his head.

"Almost. But you didn't."