chapter eighteen

warning: smoking & not proof read.

chapter eighteen

“Boss.” Jungwon’s eyes moved from the folder in front of him to the one who entered his office. He raced his hand at him asking him to wait as he was still at the phone, talking to somebody.

“Yes, that would be great. I would like to have the details here on my office tomorrow morning so I can review it.” he said and flipped the pages of the folder he was holding before he shuts it close.

He taps over the table before bidding goodbye to the person on the other line and lets out a sigh. “Yes, Injang?” he asked his assistant who’s waiting patiently waiting.

“He’s ready tonight, Boss.” he informed him. He didn’t react right away and eventually nodded his head slowly. 

Injang tries to read what’s inside Jungwon’s mind. It’s not an easy task as the younger one sure doesn’t let anyone in very easily, but getting to know and earning his trust made Injang kind of understand him better. He saw how his mind gets occupied about something that bothers him. He sighs lightly.

“Your hesitating about something.” Injang stated that snapped him out of his thoughts. He glanced at his assistant who’s just watching him carefully.

He clenched his jaw and stayed silent. He knew when his Father suggested Injang to be his assistant, he would be someone reliable and will do his job well. Maybe it does run through their blood since his late father used to be his Dad's assistant. He remembers it clearly how his Father always says how Injang resembles his dad so much, how he’s taking after his father’s footsteps.

They belong to a family of psychologists who’s loyalty is over the Yang clan. Something about his great great grand-father owed his great great grand-father. Per generation, one from Injang’s family will serve as an assistant for a Yang family member. For Jungwon, it’s Injang. He is actually his assistant and therapist at the same time. He somehow became his light when his Mom passed away.

“Boss?” Jungwon shut his eyes after he spaces out once again. He’s overthinking too much lately and he hates it. This is not him and is slightly stressing him out.

He lets out a sigh, “I need to do this.”

“You’re going out of our original plan.” Jungwon can sense a bit of surprise over his tone. He can’t blame him because this is not him. Injang knows how much Jungwon hates it whenever they don’t go as they planned. But ever since you entered his life, a lot of things already changed. This shouldn’t be a big shock over Injang anymore.

He pursed his lips and his fingers continued tapping at his table as he avoided Injang’s eyes. “Do you know Y/n made me feel alive again?”

Injang shut his mouth and just listens to him. If there’s someone other than Jungwon’s friends who knew his struggles, it would be him. At a young age, Jungwon went through a lot of things that normal teens around his age doesn’t experience.

A small smile appeared over his lips, showing off that dimple of him. Just the thought of your face made his mood lighter.

“After what happened to my Mom, I changed. A lot of people pointed that out already and I know it.” he sighs, clearly having a hard time to open this past chapter of his life again. “I still can’t think about that moment without blacking out but I knew it very well that something in me went missing after losing my Mom.” he stated.