chapter thirty-three

“What are these?” Bri asks as she reaches over your hand and carefully scanned it. Her perfectly fixed brows furrowed at the sight of small bruises painting all over your pretty hands. They’re not that noticeable unless in close look.

You snort and roll your eyes slightly, cheeks hinting a bit of blushing.

“I’m t-trying to learn to cook.” and your gaze drifted away from Bri, feeling a little embarrassed about it. You have no idea why, but you are getting flustered.

She looks confused at first and slowly her expressions brightens. Her smile is sweet, not in a teasing way.

“Ooh, I got it. For the anniversary huh?” she guessed it right.

You nod shortly that made her giggle. “That’s so cute! When did you start learning?” Bri looked so interested about the details of your new found hobby.

“About a week ago.”

You haven’t learned a lot, that’s for sure. But you are exerting so much effort for this because you really want this anniversary to be special. Not just because its your fourth anniv, but also because a lot of things are happening between you two. Despite the arguments and misunderstandings, you wanted him to know that you are still here. That what you promised him still engraved deeply to your heart.

“Aw, you are too sweet.”

You blushes, but tries to keep your cool by playfully flipping your hair. “I know right? I deserve an out of the country trip with him after this.”

Bri chuckles, finding you adorable. “Totally. I’m sure he planned something.”

You pursed your lips, heart thumping by the thought of an intimate trip with Jungwon. You admit its been a while ever since you two went on a trip without worrying about anything. It would be really great if its his gift for you. Quality time. That’s all you’ve been asking for.

Jungwon has been very busy. Work and other stuff about the organization for the circle in mafia world are mostly what’s keeping him occupied. You realized Injang was right and so you just shrugged that thought off. Jungwon and you were back to normal.

The day of your anniversary arrived faster than you expected. You haven’t mentioned anything with him, just small reminders of your dinner tonight. That’s when you planned to cook for him for the very first time. Its very thrilling, exciting and slightly nerve wrecking. You’re sure that no matter how you do, he will always appreciate and love it. But you want to do your best.

“Are you off already?” you asked still a bit sleepy. Wearing just your night gown, you gently tried to scratch the sleep away.

You slightly opened your tired eyes and saw him already wearing his suit. He stared at you and a small smile made its way to his lips before he trudges closer to you.

“Yeah,” he sighs and cupped your face. “you behave today for me, okay?” he reminded softly and dropped kissed over your face.

“I should see you off.” you tried to grab your robe, but Jungwon stops you.

“Nah, you should rest more. I know you’re tired.” he smiles and kissed the top of your head once again.