chapter twenty-eight

warnings: mentions of blood and death. not proof read.

chapter twenty eight

You groaned lightly and stirred from your sleep. A slight pain from your head and body can be felt. You have no idea where it came from, but you tried to open your eyes. The first thing to greet you was the white ceiling. It wasn’t familiar at all.

“W-Where am I?” you mumbled and pushed yourself to sit down. With furrowed brows, you roamed your eyes around to a seem to be hospital room.

Hospital? Why are you in a hospital?

Your eyes squinted due to headache and the door bursts open. It was Injang and he’s holding his phone to his ear, “Yes, Boss. I will do that.” was his last words to the person he was talking to before he ended the call.

He closed the door and walked his way to approach your bed. “It’s good that you are awake now, Miss. I’ll inform the nurses.” he says, but you stopped him.

“Why am I here? Is that Jungwon, Injang?” you asked, voice sounding a little strained. He pursed his lips and went to grab you a glass of water. The sight of it, makes you feel even more thirsty.

“Boss is already on his way to catch a flight back here.” he says that caught you a little off-guard. He just arrived at California yesterday and now he’s on his way back already. You slightly feel bad because he will surely be so tired.

“Okay.” and you lowered your head.

“You passed out in front of Sir Jay’s office. Good thing his secretary was there to help you.” he informed you. It slowly went back on you. You remembered yourself going to his office and seeing his secretary. The last thing you can remember is when she went close to help you.

Your head snaps over to the door when it opened again. It was Jay. He have this serious face while he approaches your bed.

“How are you feeling?” he asks worriedly.

You pout, “I’m alright.”

You accept the water Injang was handing you and drink from it right away. You have no clue how long did you pass out, but base on how dry your throat is you bet you’re knocked out for a while.

“Injang, call for the doctor and nurses. Tell them that she's already awake.” he ordered him. Injang bowed slightly and didn’t waste any time to obliged to what he said.

Jay’s eyes didn’t leave you at all. He seemed to scanned you, waiting if you’ll say something or ask anything. He’s seriously very worried of you. He knows how the issue with Jungwon stressed you, but its starting to be a bother. You are neglecting yourself because of all of this and he’s not happy about it. He cares for Jungwon, and also for you. You are like his sister already.

Soon, one doctor and two nurses came inside to check on you. He inspected you and asked a few questions that you try to answer despite of spacing out.

“I don’t see anything serious with Miss Y/n’s condition. She needs proper rest and some vitamins. Also, as much as possible avoid getting stress. Eat properly on time and complete at least 8 hours of sleep.”

You nodded a little at the doctor and Jay soon talked to him instead. Asking more stuff and also reminding him about something you failed to hear. After their small talk, Jay shakes hands with the doctor and escorted them out of the room.