Before Light - Remastered - chapter 6

Author's note: A new theme is made for Before Light - Remastered, now on Youtube

Author's note: A new theme is made for Before Light - Remastered, now on Youtube. Feel free to have a listen while reading, cheers! Youtube URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoznKQ9fa9c&t=51s

<Ⅵ>

Firren wasn't expecting any disturbance while he occupied himself in excessive training to bury his thoughts of what had happened and how he had nearly cut Vitas down while demonstrating battle tactics, which was more like asserting dominance at that moment of zeal. His thoughts were of the apparent dismay in Yuri's teary eyes, and to wipe it away from his mind, he engaged in more sets of battle simulations when suddenly it came, rocking the whole of the Betelgeuse ship, circuits blacking out, lights exploding. As if struck by a Demon's catastrophic blow, slamming Firren to the floor with such crushing force that stunned his ability to breathe, halting all mechanisms of his body.

Firren sprang to his feet, Starbreaker armor summoned as soon as the dreadful pressure was gone. Through his experiences, the commander surmised a wide-range wave attack with an effect range as massive as the thousand-mile-long airship. If even he could barely withstand such impulse, then the Captain...and Yuri...!

The caller hanging on the training center wall rang in alarm at that moment as Firren quickly answered.

" Captain...! Is everything alright?! Where is Yuri?!"

" She is safe. I'll look for her, while I need you to assist me elsewhere." The stern Captain calmly gave the orders, even under detrimental assault Bradson knew the priorities to be done.

" Head to the laboratory, as fast as you can."

" The lab? But captain—"

" You'll understand soon enough."

Firren wasn't sure if the Captain had overestimated his intuitions, for when he arrived at the airship lab center, what he first beheld was beyond him.

Interfaces shattered, equipment in pieces, walls cracked and breaking down; it was when he saw Reina did things start to dawn on the stupefied commander.

" Reina, what have you—" Firren helped the darkened expressions secretary up to her feet before he saw the large immobile body of Seito, lying face down just steps away, next to a pulverized Restoration Device.

Firren assumed the worst.

" Let's get you to the infirmary." Firren hoisted the desperately silent Reina up onto his shoulder.

" The Androids will carry him, if they can without breaking down."

...

.........

Yuri feared she had wasted too much time already and sprang to her feet, rushing across the rows of tall bookshelves until she came to the large aperture in the wall, chilling winds pulling out violently like beastly hands that grasped nothing of weight.