Before Light - Remastered - Chapter 10

Author's note: A new theme is made for Before Light - Remastered, now on Youtube. Feel free to have a listen while reading, cheers! Youtube URL:https://youtu.be/VfedmXxtSE4

<Ⅹ>

Heading down the corridors, passing repair droids enhancing the walls and putting their fellow droid comrades back in one piece, Firren walked forth in grave steps, leading the one behind him with much pressure as the reverence he so bears toward this man, this muscular gentleman, still broad and towering without his Starbreaker boulder armor, this high ranked general maneuvering under The Lord of the Light and sky's direct orders, following behind him like a mountain closing in on him.

Call him Solo, First Generation Starbreaker, short green of hair with thinly slanted red eyes that slit through others' thoughts; one of few Elites of the Lord of Light, being the Wall of the Capital, pushing back all assailants of Dark at the age of the First Scourge, earning him the rank of Defender of Civilization, General of the Star Armies.

Those exploit may be long behind him, his prowess and skills have only doubled since the day of his prime, able to stop a Starbreak sequence with just that one punch, Firren surmised this man, this general, might not be here just to slay some petty Demons. There must be something more to this mission this General so speaks of, considering the orders he receives from the one and only Lord of The Skies. Firren could sense through his intuition as a Starbreaker, that their meeting with him here, was not just a merry coincidence.

Firren wished to ask him, asked this Senior who had trained him ages ago, of his mission that he spoke of moments ago that led him here to this abandoned city, but as a junior and a mere commander of just an average Airship, Firren thought its best not to exceed his rank.

" Ahh! Well met, Captain!" Firren heard the Starbreaker General greet as Firren quickly pull himself out of his thoughts, to face Captain Bradson walking out of the infirmary with heavy steps, the old man's expression darker than usual as he greeted back, switching back to his benign mannerism.

" Captain Bradson, it's an honor, sit." General Solo amiably reached out his big hand, putting a welcoming smile up his well-chiseled edged jawline, shaking the captain's rough hand in his.

" The honor is ours, general." Bradson greeted back, his voice as usual at first hearing, yet apparently aghast to Firren's ears.

What happened while they were off subduing Seito's rampage??

Did the intruding Demon actually cause harm, to the children? To... Yuri...??

Impossible, Firren doubted his own assumptions, even though she may be block-headed sometimes, but that doesn't mean Yuri is incapable of protecting herself. She had learned quite well and the basics Firren had fused deeply into her training, Firren is confident Yuri would not fail in one-on-one combat against this intruding Demon, a Grade Alpha Dark Unerva, Firren recalled as the databases so described.

But the expression on Bradson's ashen grim stare seemed to imply otherwise.

" We owe you too much for opportune assistance in these trying circumstances, General Solo." Bradson led the general and Firren away from the infirmary, despite Firren's eagerness to enter.