Before Light - Remastered - Chapter 7

Author's note: A new theme is made for Before Light - Remastered, now on Youtube. Feel free to have a listen while reading, cheers! Youtube URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoznKQ9fa9c&t=51s

<Ⅵ>

" Light...is what brings us... Hope...

...is what brings us...back...back to where we belong...The Land, Before Light..."

Where...I belong...?

Panting exhaustedly, slumped to a side as Yuri watched the dark-armored Demon warrior crawl up to her feet.

Minutes ago this Demonic being was but a village girl, a humble, gentle person Yuri trusted with every cell in her body.

There, Varium stood, her humongous grotesque right arm slithering menacingly, yet pulled back by its wielder, who stood before Yuri, looking down with mild malice.

" ...You have it too, don't you...?" Varium's voice resounded in Yuri's ears.

" ...Things that you have lost...things that you once dear...Before coming here, through the Light...?"

Yuri nodded.

Her mother.

Her friends.

Her memories.

Those are the things she once had, but were lost. Shattered in this foreign world.

If she had found her past, rebuild her broken memories, she would understand Lima's sorrow. She would be able to console her, to mend her wounds.

She would understand her own tears. The things that all seemed slightly familiar, but hollow without their purpose.

She would recognize who she was, where she came from.

And where her Mother was.

Mother...

" That is where our purpose lies...All We Demons seek." Varium breathed as she staggered away to the shadows.

" What is it you seek, Starbreaker Yuri?"

" I seek the truth...!" Yuri cried out drastically before Varium sank into the dark.

" I want to know. I want to remember everything, everyone I have forgotten! Wait...tell me what I can do! Varium...Varium, Wait!!"

But Varium did not stop, but slowly lurked deeper into the unknown.

" If so..." Varium's voice cackled sinisterly further and further away.

" Then you must denounce the ways of Light. Follow the Demonic path ...Follow him. Follow the man you call Vitas...He knows the way back, for now..."

Yuri spun around to where Vitas lay unconscious. The wound stung by the Demon fang through his chest sealed itself, burying the dark matter within his flesh, hiding under fine skin as if nothing had happened before.

Vitas...Vitas knows......

Yuri knew Vitas was special to her since the beginning of their first encounter. Her memories rippled with many unrecognized scenes the moment she bore her eyes upon him, and he too felt the same towards her.

Vitas is the key...Yuri realized.

But to denounce the Light? To become Demon?

Lima's words of the nights before rang in warning to her as if in foreboding.