Your parents don't approve of him

Awsten:

And it was because he was famous; it was because his face was in the tabloids and magazines, and he was the kind of guy that teenage girls obsessed over. They doubted that a relationship with him would be good for you; they thought that he was just playing you, using you. They thought that he wasn't good for you, but they were wrong.

Geoff:
And there was no real reasoning behind their decision; he was a nice guy, and they couldn't deny that, as much as they wanted to. But they were your parents, and they liked to think that they still had some control over you, and so they had told you that they didn't want you dating him, because they "Just didn't like him," but you weren't going to listen to them, because you loved him with all your heart.

Otto:

And your parents didn't like the idea of you growing up, although you already were. They didn't have anything against him, although they claimed to; they just didn't want their little girl to grow up and see her hurt when things didn't work out, or to see her looking so grown-up on her wedding day. They didn't care who you were dating, they only cared that you were dating. They didn't want you to grow up, but they didn't realise that you already were.