Chunin Exams Chapter 10: Kusa's Hospitality Part 1

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Jutsu/ Bijuu/ Summons

Flashbacks, Letters, and Setting

I don't own Naruto

Chapter 51: Kusa's Hospitality Part 1

At the Gates of Konoha

Naruto stood at the gates of Konoha with Izumi and Shizune, as Team 7, Karin, and Kakashi came to see them off.

*Sigh* "Do you really have to leave again? It feels like you're always away these days." Narumi complained.

"I thought you were gonna train me in our family jutsu? How am I supposed to learn by myself?"

Naruto pulled out a scroll and gave it to Narumi. "I wrote down what you need to practice in that scroll. If you need any help, ask Kakashi-senpai, Yugao, or maybe even Mikoto oba-chan, though she might be busier with the security around the Chunin Exams. Also, when you're studying the seals for the thing we've been working on, try to fill in Karin on it too, so she can learn more about seals."

Narumi rolled her eyes as she got the scroll from her brother. "Ugh. Studying from scrolls? Again? I wish you could teach me. The sensei for the other teams never seem to leave their teams like this."

Naruto scratched the back of his head as he gave an awkward chuckle. She had a point, and he was feeling terrible about it. He became their sensei so he could spend more time with them, but the Hokage was always sending him on some "important" missions, which he hated.

"Now come on, Narumi-chan. That's not fair for your brother. It's not like he wants to be away from you guys." Izumi pointed out. "Besides, he's taught you guys more than any other sensei that I know teaches their teams. Most sensei have a pretty hands-off approach you know."

"I'll try to come back as soon as possible. I'm only doing this so we can have Karin be a part of our family forever. Didn't you say you wished we had a bigger family?" Naruto asked Narumi.

Narumi sighed as her shoulders sagged. She had to concede on Izumi and Naruto's points. It's not like she wanted to be a brat, but it felt like she was slowly losing her brother, and she wanted him to stay with her more like when they first became a team.

"You're right... I'm sorry I wasn't more understanding. It's just that... I feel like we have less and less time to spend together..."

Naruto felt awful. She was right, and it would only get worse when he became Hokage. This was supposed to be their last hurrah of sorts, where they spend a lot of time together before they become Chunin and he becomes Hokage. It seemed like things never went according to plan for him.

"Don't worry, Narumi-chan. We'll get these negotiations done as soon as possible and be back before you even know it! Until then, you'll have your team and Karin to keep you company, right guys?" Izumi asked.

Sasuke, Hinata, and Karin nodded.

Karin stepped up shyly, with her eyes on her toes.

"Ummm... I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks for going out of your way to do this for me..."

Naruto gave her a smile and rubbed the neat side of her hair, which irritated Karin a little, as she didn't need her hair to be any messier.

"Don't worry, Karin-chan. We're family after all. This is the least I could do." Naruto told her.

Narumi saw the interaction and it made her realize she wouldn't be coming home to an empty house this time, and it made her really realize how important it was for all three of them for Naruto to go to Kusa.