Chapter Two

————

You and Jisung sit down to talk, briefly deciding what your feelings are at this point.

————

After work, you drove to your brother's home to pick Jisung's things up. Your sister in law let you in while she went to grab Jisung's bag. You bent down to greet your niece.

"Hi, Yuri." You greeted.

"Gomo." She giggled, holding her arms up. You chuckled as you lifted the almost 3 year old up and held her at your hip. You spun around playfully and she giggled while you booped her nose. She scrunched her nose as she burst into a fit of giggles.

"Again!" She cheered and you spun her around. She threw her head back in laughter, making you laugh at how adorable she was.

"Jisung is always jealous seeing you play with her." Your sister in law emerged from the bedroom with a laugh. You just smiled. While Yuri was adorable, everyone knew no one would replace Jisung in your heart.

"He knows he's number 1. I've been in love with him since his birth." You chuckled.

"I'm glad Jisung has you to count on." She smiled.

"He's amazing." You said, placing Yuri down to get Jisung's bag. You slung it over your shoulder. Yuri whined, wanting to be picked up by you again to continue playing but you had to go pick Jisung up from school. Your sister in law picked Yuri up, trying to soothe her as she whined and squirmed in her mother's arms.

"Good girl, Yuri. I'll come play again soon, alright?" You kissed her cheeks and bid your sister in law goodbye before driving to Jisung's school. You got out of your car to wait for him, seeing students slowly start to stream out.

"Gomo!" You heard Jisung shout as he ran to you.

"Jisung ah." Your heart swelled as you caught him in your arms. He hugged you tightly, looking up at you with a big grin.

"Ready to go?" You ruffled his hair. Jisung nodded and you opened the door for him to sit. Jisung wasn't really tall enough to sit in the passenger seat yet so he sat in the back. But he didn't need a car seat anymore.

"How was school today, aegi?"

"It was okay, I guess. I did really well for my writing. The teacher put it up." Jisung shrugged.

"That's amazing. You should be more proud of yourself." You chuckled.

"I am, gomo. But at the end of the day, everyone goes through the same education system, there will be people who have the same achievements as you do. I want to focus on fully utilising my school time to be more of a stand out than a trophy winner." Jisung spoke.

"You make a valid point. I'm still proud of you and all your achievements though. And I think it's great that you aim to be a stand out student." You replied with a nod of your head.

"Did you decide on whether you want to accept the offer of skipping some grades?" You asked him.

"Not yet. I don't know if I'm ready to compete against older kids."

"Aegi, you don't have to look at it as a competition. I think it's great that the school thinks you're capable of skipping grades to be with older kids. But if you want to go at your own pace, that's fine too." You assured.

"I'll think about it for a while more."

"That's fine too. Do what you think it's best. It is your education after all." You said as you parked the car. You opened the door for him to come out. Jisung immediately slipped his hand into yours as he walked with you to the lift lobby and all the way up to the apartment. He keyed your door's passcode in and opened it.