Chapter Ten

————

Maybe just for a little while, the boys could act like everything was normal again. Like nothing bad ever happened between you all.

————

"Jisung said he saw you at the grocery store?" You asked.

"I just helped him get the ice cream down from the shelf. But I don't think I've ever seen a look with so much hatred before." Namjoon rubbed the back of his neck, looking away.

"I see..." Jisung was probably the most hurt by Namjoon. Namjoon was his buddy, the first person he got close with. Jisung admired Namjoon for his intellectual activity and they often visited book stores together. When Namjoon left, Jisung was disappointed.

"He must really be angry with me." Namjoon said.

"That's something you'll have to speak with him and settle. Whatever he felt, you should be the one to address it. I don't have the right to represent him and his feelings." You said.

"Always giving people and their opinions a voice. That's what is so special about you." Taehyung said softly.

"Jisung was just as hurt as me, he deserves his own apology. And whether he forgives you or not, that's up to him. I can't force him." You shrugged.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" You turned to Hoseok.

"Nothing." He shook his head, clearing his throat. To distract himself, he got up and went to the kitchen to get himself a beer. He also topped up Yoongi's crystal glass with whiskey. There were so many things they wanted to ask you and speak to you about, you wanted to do the same. But all 8 of you knew to hold yourselves back.

"Hey, no alcohol. And that's as your doctor." You pointed out when you saw Jin offered Jungkook a beer. He was still on medication and alcohol may effect it.

"Do you want a whiskey too?" Yoongi asked.

"If I'm going to continue sitting here, I think I'll need it." You said. Yoongi nodded and got up to get you a glass of whiskey with an ice block in it, just like earlier this evening.

"So are you working permanently at the hospital now?" They tried to make conversation, also to get updated on your current life.

"Yes. I stopped freelancing... But I don't usually work at the SCU, I work in emergency. I like the fast pace and exposure is better. I was only in the SCU because I did the emergency surgery and because of the whole VIP treatment thing." You explained.

"I'm sorry, I would have said something if I knew that you were being forced to be there to take care of me." Jungkook said. That was a lie, any chance to have you near, he would take it.

But Jungkook saying that tugged at your heart strings, his sad look made you feel guilty for saying that. Of course you didn't really mind taking care of him.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you're home, recovering well." You said, focusing on your drink and taking a sip.

You didn't know when you fell asleep. But you did. Seeing your head hang as you slept, Taehyung gave into temptation and put his arm around you, letting you lean against his chest to rest. You didn't even wake up from the action, instead grunting softly and moving closer to the source of warmth.

"Shhh." He hushed the others.

"As much as I want to be in your position too, she's gonna kick your ass when she wakes up." Jimin stated, taking the crystal glass from your hands.

"I'll just tell her that she fell asleep on me. I'm not going to move her when this is the only opportunity I'll get to have her so close without her wanting to punch me." Taehyung shrugged.