Chapter Seven

————

You have no choice but to care for Jungkook as your patient but for the sake of your sanity, you know you need to be cold and draw the professional line.

————

After that night with Jungkook's scare, you decided to move into one of the rooms at the hospital. It wasn't ideal but it prevented more rushed trips to the hospital in the middle of the night. Jisung helped you care for Kookie in your absence, which you were grateful for.

"Ugh. My back." You groaned as you turned your alarm off. You pushed yourself to sit up. Luckily, since you were a senior, none of the juniors wanted to share a room with you so the top bunk was always empty.

"10 more minutes." Yawning, you fell back onto your pillow. After 10 minutes, you knew you had to go up so you got ready.

"I can't wait to go home." You stared at your reflection in the small bathroom mirror before changing and brushing your hair. When you were done, you wore your coat and walked out.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Coming, coming." You groaned and wore your house slippers, shuffling over to the door and opening it.

"Good morning, sunbae. Did I wake you up?" Jaehyung asked.

"Uh... No, I was just about to head out for rounds. What can I do for you?" You blinked, running your fingers through your hair as you hid a yawn behind your fist. There was a strict male and female resident room in the hospital to prevent... unnecessary intermingling. So you couldn't really invite him in, not like you really wanted to.

"I brought you breakfast. Dr (y/l/n) told me to shadow you today." Jaehyun smiled, lifting the plastic bag to show you.

"My mum told you to shadow me? I'm only assigned to one patient for special care, I don't think there's much for you to shadow..." You frowned as you stepped out properly.

"Ah..." Jaehyun rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine. Uh, thanks for the food but I don't really eat breakfast... I just need my iced coffee. I'll see you at the SCU in 15?" You checked your watch.

"Alright, thank you. I'll see you upstairs." He bowed and ran off. You went back into the room to get ready, throwing your clothes and belongings into your duffel to put into one of the spare lockers there.

"Good morning." Your colleagues greeted as you passed. You bowed your head and went down to the cafeteria to get a huge iced coffee.

"One iced americano-" You were ordering before you saw Yoongi at the end of the pick up counter, waiting for his order. He was dressed well, like someone from a business meeting, not someone just dropping by to visit a family member. He stared at his phone but as he lifted his head, you turned.

"Venti. Less ice and one extra shot." You turned back to the cashier with a clear of your throat. After paying, you headed to the pick up counter. You kept your distance from him.

"Iced americano!" The barista ordered. With the want to just leave, you reached out, hands overlapping with Yoongi.

"You have less ice and one extra shot." Yoongi reminded.

"Right." Your cheeks burned but you coughed and looked away. Yoongi stuck his straw into his cup and just stepped aside, still focusing on his phone as he drank. You waited for your order.

"There is the betrayer!" Someone called. You and Yoongi looked up at the same time to see your partner walking towards you. He laughed and hugged you.

"I didn't betray you. You think I wanted to be back at surgical when I fought so hard to be in emergency? Besides, aren't you having fun being the temp leader, Dr Joo? Don't think I haven't noticed how you've been eyeing my spot." You nudged him while laughing. He rolled his eyes and chuckled while you picked up your order when the barista called.