Chapter Nine

————

You were the one pushing them away. And yet, in a time of need, why do you find yourself running to them for help?

————

[Continued flashback]

And yet, here you were, sitting on the couch, with all your packed belongings with you as you waited for the car. Most of the butlers and maids have been dismissed. Those that were left were the senior ones, gathering the boys' belongings to destroy them.

You didn't want to stay, if this was the boys' way of telling you to leave then there's no point in you continuing to stay here without them. You still had some dignity left.

"When is the mansion being sold?" You asked a maid that was scurrying past you with a box full of clothes, Hoseok's clothes. You knew them from a mile away, they were always brightly coloured and fashionable.

"I'm not sure, agashi. But I did hear that there are many buyers bidding highly for the mansion." She informed.

"Do you know where the money is going to?"

"I'm afraid not." She shook her head before she was called by another maid to hurry up. You nodded your head for her to leave. You felt so foreign, even if you had stayed in this house for so long. Wrapping your arms around yourself, you just wanted to go now, you didn't want to stay here anymore and just watched them clear it, erase all the memories.

Of course, you had wanted to take a few items with you from the boys. Something to remember them by. But maybe it was best that you didn't remember them at all.

"Agashi, the car is ready." The butler informed.

"Thank you." You stood up, slinging your bag over your shoulder as the butlers helped you with your other things, bringing them out the door.

"Is there really no way for me or you to contact them?" You asked the eldest male one last time. He shook his head.

"If there was, it's not one that I know of." He said honestly.

"Okay." You accepted it. They loaded your bags into the trunk of the chauffeured car for you. Putting Kookie's carrier into the backseat first, you faced the remaining staff of the mansion.

"Take care of yourself, doctor." They all bowed to you.

"Thank you all. For everything that you've done for me and always taking care of me during my stay here." You bowed your head back, refusing to cry again. Letting out a shaky breath, the chauffeur held the car door open for you. With a final wave and forced smile, you entered the car, letting the chauffeur close the door for you.

As the car began to drive out of the driveway, down the long path and past the big gates, you stared at the big mansion that slowly disappeared from your sight.

This was it, this was goodbye forever.

You woke up with tears covering your face. A choked sob escaped you as you reached over to get some tissues to wipe your face. Leaning down, you saw Kookie still asleep and reached over to stroke his head.

"Rest well." You wished before getting out of bed. You needed to get some food into your system.

"TV..." Turning it on to have some background noise, you went to the kitchen. Getting your takeaway from earlier today, you began to heat it up in a pot.

"Kookie, dinner time." You picked the rabbit up and put him in his cage, scooping his food and filling his bowl up. After that, you took your heated dinner and plated it up. Grabbing some iced coffee, you brought your plate and ate in front of the television.