Chapter Twelve

————

What do you do in a moment of anger? Confront them. Who leaves hurt even more? You.

————

Here you were, standing at their front door. Were they even home? You didn't know. But it was worth a shot. It had to be them, there was no one else that knew that you lived in that apartment except them. Because that was your home address on your resume before you applied to work for them.

"Hyung, I gotta go to the ring!"

"No way! Not in your condition. You shouldn't even be here. You should be resting in bed, go! I'm going to be late for my race!"

Oh, they were definitely home. With a frown, you lifted your balled fist to knock on the door but it swung open. Hoseok stepped back in slight shock, obviously not expecting you.

"(y/n)!" He exclaimed.

"(y/n)?" Hearing your name, you heard thundering footsteps behind him, the others coming to see if it was really you.

"Get in." You poked his chest, making him hold his hands out in defence, stepping back. You frowned with your arms crossed, looking at all of them. They could tell that you were ticked off by something but unsure of what. They blinked in confusion, casting side glances to one another to see who you were going to scold this time.

"You guys sent me home that night at the bar... didn't you?" You asked.

"What? No..." Taehyung spoke.

"Who told you that?" Namjoon asked with a raised eyebrow. If the bartender ratted them out, he was going to pay, severely.

"No one told me. I called the bartender. He said he found the address at the back of my ID. The address at the back of my ID isn't even for my apartment! And my last sober memory was being at the bar with Jimin!" You said.

"I-It's not?" Hoseok rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"No. It's for my parents' house. When I moved, I never changed my place of residence on my ID- HOLD ON! That's not the point! It doesn't matter! Stop changing the subject!" You growled, closing your eyes to take a deep breath to collect your thoughts.

"Did you guys enter my apartment or not? And don't lie to me." You glared at them. Jungkook, who was in the middle of this, was outraged that this happened when he wasn't around.

"We just wanted to make sure that you were safe..." Jimin said softly.

"That is not okay! That's an invasion of privacy!"

"Hold on, why didn't I know that this happened? When did this even happen? Did you guys see Kookie? How is he?" Jungkook asked. You sighed, pinching your nose bridge.

"Kookie is fine. I take very good care of him." You assured.

"(y/n), believe us. There was really no ill intention at all. You passed out at the bar and we took you home, that's all. We didn't snoop, we didn't touch anything. We just made sure you were tucked in bed and left. Did you find anything missing in your apartment?" Yoongi asked. You thought about it, he did make a point.

"No, nothing is missing. But why did you have to get the bartender to lie to me?" You asked.

"Would you have really been okay knowing we took you back home? If you were, we wouldn't be having this conversation now, will we?" Jin crossed his arms.

"Yoongi hyung is right, we just did what a nice human being would do. It's just out of good will." Taehyung added with a nod of his head.

"Hold on. Was this when you guys did the audit checks at Dionysus and came back late?" Jungkook asked. All 6 whipped their heads around to glare at their maknae while you let that sink in.