Chapter Nineteen

————

Finally, everything in your life is falling back into place and things can finally move on normally.

————

"Aegi, you don't have to talk to them if you don't want to. It's your decision to make, what do you want to do?" You bent down as you stood with Jisung, downstairs of the penthouse.

"But you're going to get back together with them... aren't you?" Jisung raised an eyebrow.

"That's what we're working towards but if you don't want to, that's completely up to you. Your friendship with them is separate from whatever relationship I have with them." You explained. Jisung frowned, thinking about it for a while. He looked up at your patient expression.

"I don't know if I should trust them again."

"It's okay. They know that they broke your trust too so they want to make amends." You shrugged and Jisung squeezed your hand.

"Okay. If you can forgive them, maybe I should too." Jisung gave a crooked grin. You melted, leaning in to let him give you a kiss on the cheek and a hug. He wrapped his arms around your neck.

"I love you so much, aegi." You patted his back. He hummed in reply as you walked upstairs with him.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

When the door opened and the 7 stood there, Jisung looked up at them, full of suspicion. He moved to hold the material of your sweater instead of your hand. Despite the standoffish look Jisung was giving them, the boys had friendly smiles. You put a hand on Jisung's back to gently nudge him into the house. The both of you removed your shoes.

"Hey, Jisung. Do you want a drink?" Jin asked. Jisung shook his head, shuffling to the couch and sitting on it. You bent down in front of him, combing his hair back endearingly.

"Do you want me to stay here with you to let you talk to them or...?"

"Please stay. There's not much to talk about and I don't really know what to say to them." Jisung said nervously.

"Alright." You sat down beside him and discreetly waving the 7 over. They gave each other looks before pushing Namjoon forward to walk in front of them. He cleared his throat and Jisung look up at him.

"Jisung. Well, we just want to apologise. We shouldn't have just left you and your aunt like that. We know we broke our promise." He said.

"Yes, you did." Jisung said.

"I know it's hard to explain but it's all over now and we can assure you it will never happen again. We didn't think things through and it wasn't a good decision on our part. But at that time, we thought it would be the best to save you all from danger." Hoseok said.

"Danger?" Jisung tilted his head and from behind, you shook your head, signalling to the boys not to actually tell Jisung the real truth. Not when he didn't know about the whole mafia thing.

"Yeah. But it's all over now and we're back, we're here to stay." Jimin quickly cut in.

"You promised me and you broke your promises twice, even after the chance I gave you. Then you all just left and came back. Like we didn't mean anything to you. You were my buddies and you left me." Jisung frowned sadly.

"We're sorry."

"Like Joon read with me and brought me to the bookstore after school every Thursday. Then you left and our Thursdays at the bookstore didn't happen anymore. Or eating ice cream with Kook on Sundays. All that, you took it away with you." Jisung's bottom lip quivered and you put your arm around him. He rubbed his cheeks as he cried.