Home Sweet Home, or What's Left of it

Danny grazed his fingers over the doorknob and watched with a raised brow as gravity did its job. That slight touch was all it took for the door to fall off its hinges and on to the floor, a plume a dust raising into the air from the impact.

"Hah Great, I can just let myself in then." Rubbing the back of his neck in agitation, he walked through the doorway.

Just like the outside, the inside of the house looked to have been stripped of all Fenton technology. Moving further into the building Danny noticed a lot of the furniture was either gone, probably stolen, or broken and in pieces on the floor. The walls and floor had holes of all sizes, some look to be from blasters, bigger and singed around the edges. The rest are smaller and obviously bullet holes.

Continuing past the living room and going into the kitchen, Danny stops and stares.

Danny bent down putting Danielle on the ground behind him and turned towards the standoff happening in the kitchen.

Taking up most of the kitchen floor is a large brown stain.

With his family and friends safely behind him and their hands over their ears, Danny takes a deep breath, and lets loose his ghostly wail.

Brown smears and handprints litter the walls and floor, one set leading toward the stairs.

Danny turns his head and yells "RUN," as he collapses onto the ground, eyes feeling heavy. The last thing Danny remembered was his little Danielle shaking him and screaming his name.

Blinking Danny noticed he was at the top of a set of stairs, brown spots and smears leading down into the basement. Standing there, Danny gently rubs small circles on Dani's back as she sleeps, gazing at the basement door. Humming softly, Danny turned and carried Dani upstairs instead. Passing room after room Danny stops in front of a door painted a deep blue with glow in the dark stars glued on. Taking a deep breath, he grabs the knob and pushes the door open.

The room looked to be frozen in time, there was no dust, all the furniture, and his clothes were still there, even the bed was still made from when he made it that morning they were taken.

Pulling back the covers, he gently laid his daughter down and tucked her in, sweeping a stray stand of hair from her face, Danny's lips thinned into a strained line. Straightening, Danny quickly moved to the next room, looking very much like his, untouched by time, he went to his parents' closet. Even though he had barely been fed in that hell hole, as well as being half dead, Danny was slow at growing. Danny had a surprising growth spurt while he was held captive, going from 6'2 to 6'7 in that first year. Being in his human form and the collar that sealed most of his ghost powers, gave his body enough incentive to finish growing all the way, and it seems Danny took after his father in the height department.

Rummaging around he found the smallest pair of jeans he could find, Danny got his fathers height but not his width, especially with being malnourished the past six years. Taking the jeans back to his room, Danny found a belt and one of his plain black shirts. Changing quickly in the bathroom, he took one last glance at his sleeping daughter and walked out of his old home, making sure the door was placed back on it hinges. Danny stuffed his hands in his pockets and started walking.