What Was Once Lost, Has Now Been Found

An alarm sounded at Mount Justice, alerting the young team of hero's of a new mission. Robin, Kid Flash, Artemis, Aqualad, Miss Martian, and Superboy rushed to the bio ship as Batman's voice came over an intercom system. 

"Team, a sonic pulse has been detected on our radars. I need you to go and investigate and see what's going. This a recon only mission, do not engage." 

"Got it Batman, Miss Martian can to take the bio ship to these coordinates."  Aqualad said as he turned towards her, taking his seat on the ship. Miss Martian nodded and piloted the ship as everyone else took there seats. 

"Hey what do you think we are going to find? Another meta human or perhaps a mad scientist's experiment gone wrong." Kidflash look around excitedly, "I don't care what it is, I am just glad that we finally have another mission."

Robin looked over at the speedster, "Kid we went on a mission last week."

"Yeah I know, but that was so long ago." Everyone else groaned, while Kid looked around with a confused look on his face. 

The young hero's remained silent the rest of the flight, suddenly the ship started its decent. Looking out the windows the team gaped at what looked like a giant hole in the ground. Miss Martian landed the ship in a clearing about a quarter of a mile away from the hole.

"So here are the teams, Superboy, Kidflash, and Miss Martian you are on recon. Explore the facility as fast as you can without being seen and contact us if you guys find anything. Robin, Artemis, and I are going to locate the data base to see if we can find anything for Robin to hack and download to the bio ship. " Everyone nodding that they understood, Aqualad turned and lead the team to the edge of the hole and jumped, the rest flowing suit.

In the facility everyone paused, looking around noticing the damage and how extensive it was. Doors hung from broken hinges and there was parts of the walls all over the floor. Most of the light bulbs looked to have been blown out, and what was left of the lights flickered, some dying, some staying lit. Nodding to each other the team split up and went down different hallways, careful not to be seen by anyone. 

Kidflash speed down the hallways and checking rooms at breakneck speeds, while Superboy and Miss Martian followed behind at a more reasonable pace. Losing sight of Kid, Superboy frowned slightly and turners toward Miss Martian, "you set up the mental link right?"

Yes Conner, Miss Martian confirmed through the mind link giving him a small smile. Superboy's frown deepened and rolling his shoulders a little, tried to shake off the discomfort of having someone in his mind. As they continue down a hallway Miss Martian suddenly gasps in pain, clutching her head and tears streaming down her face. 

"Megan what's wrong? Are you okay?" Superboy reached out gently, grabbing her arms and tugging her down, slow placing her on the ground.

"I feel someone's pain and fear. And rage, so much rage, it hurts I can't think." Miss Martian kept her eyes closed while she spoke, still holding her head in her hands. 

Kid stop playing around and get back here, somethings wrong with Megan. Superboy turned and looked at the end of the hallway, or at least what he could see since most of the lights were broken. 

Alright I'm coming back. What's wrong with Megan? 

I don't know, she just started holding head in pain and crying. She says she can feel someones pain. Just get back here already! Just as Superboy thought this a yellow flash raced down the hallway.

"Relax I'm here, and what do you mean she felt someones pain I just checked like three floors, and I can't find any body. It's like they all deserted this place in a hurry." 

Superboy sent a glare towards Kid, then turned to Miss Martian, "can you locate this person, they might need help?" Miss Martian shook her head at first, then looked up at Superboy and nodded her head. Slowly she floated down a side hallway, leading the way as Superboy and Kidflash followed behind. Turning down another hallway, Superboy noticed that there were no rooms.

"Is it just me, or do you also notice that there is no rooms or doors down this hall. Miss Martian are you sure you are going the right way?" Glancing around nervously Kidflash turned and noticed the Miss Martian had stopped and was slowly drift to the ground still clutching her head but no longer crying. Slowly she pointed down the hallway to one of the only two doors in the long hallway. 

"There, that is where I feel these emotions." Miss Martian slowly sat on the ground leaning her back against the wall. Running over to take a look, Kid notices that the door in question was locked with a key pad on the wall beside the door. Inspecting the door more closely, Kid saw that there is a small bared widow. Looking through the window, Kid's eyes widened slightly.

"Hey guys, I think I found the person who is giving Miss M. a major headache."