They broke us, we only know pain

"Can I ask what happened, where have you been all these years?" Once the question left his lips, Lancer watched as multiple different emotions flashed across Danny's expression. The most prominent was anger.

Danny turned away looking back at his family. "You can ask, but you won't be getting a satisfying answer. The short answer is hell. That is where I have been these last – Ancients! I don't even know how long I was locked up!" Danny chuckled darkly under his breath at the incredulous situation his life had landed him. It just made his decision that much easier to make.

Nodding his head Danny turned towards Lancer, "I suggest you make sure you stay safe. Things will be changing soon. The GIW, the humans have made their opinions clear about ghosts and the Infinite Realms. Unfortunately, I won't be able to hold them back anymore, they have dug their own graves."

Lancer took a step back as Danny moved past him, walking towards the entrance of the graveyard. He could feel his heart pounding, fear curling in his gut and Lancer knew that if he didn't say something, try to do anything, that it would be too late.

Lancer reached out to grab Danny's arm, only for his hand to go through it. Surprised by the sensation and the cold, he yanked his hand back as Danny turned back to look at him.

"Danny—"

"Phantom."

Lancer watched as Danny straightened up, shoulders pulling back, a carefully blank expression on his face. "I am Phantom. I am no longer Danny Fenton. I haven't been him for a long time."

"Phantom, I'm sorry, but I don't understand. If I remember correctly, you are half human, right? That is why you are able to switch forms? I can't begin to understand what you went through, but please don't do something drastic. We can come up with a solution together." Lancer started to step forward, but stopped when Phantom held up his hand, shaking his head.

"There is a reason I am still in my other form, as you say, and have not switched back." As Phantom paused Lancer noticed that the young man's hair was indeed still white and not his usual black. His eyes glowed not the normal icy blue, but the toxic green color that hinted he was something other, something no longer human. Phantom's gaze grew distant as he continued, "It is because I no longer can. And because of this, it has resulted in war."

Phantom turned away and left the cemetery.

Lancer watched until he could not see him anymore, Phantom's back fading in the distance.

Closing his eyes and lifting his face towards the sky, Mr. Lancer had only one thought on his mind.

What have we done.

--------------------------------

Danny quickly made it back to Fenton Works, phasing into the house, not really wanting to mess with the broken front door.

He quickly made his way upstairs, slowly opening the door to his room to check on his daughter. Knowing that she would not be waking up any time soon, but still wanting to be sure she was safe.

Seeing that she had not moved, Danny made his way back downstairs to the ground floor. He stopped at the top of the stairs leading down to the basement.

Taking a deep breath, Danny slowly made his way down the stairs. Trying very hard not to look to closely at the walls or the steps themselves. He did not need or want anymore flash backs right now. He needed to focus, get to the portal, go into the Infinite Realms and take his daughter to Frostbite. Everything else could wait until his daughter was awake again. He was not to worried that she had not woken up yet after their escape. Danny had preferred the coma like state she had forced on herself. He would never think badly of her wanting to get away from the pain the humans had conflicted onto Danny and his daughter.

Finally making it to the bottom of the stairs, Danny cringed at the dried brown blood that coated the door handle. Reaching out, he gingerly turned the handle and pushed the door open. The hinges squeaked harshly as the door slowly swung open. Danny reached out blindly trying to find the light switch hoping the backup generators would work. He bet the power was cut off long ago. Once found he flipped it and the lab flooded with light. Blinking the spots out of his eyes from the sudden brightness, Danny started to move into the lab only to stop and stare in horror.

"Fuck!"