One. Two. Wait!

What did this child hero say? Danny turned his head slightly and stared at Robin (he figured out his name, because that's what the others kept calling him) looking him in the eye. Danny did not know what he was looking for, but he did know what he saw, guilt, pity, anger, and maybe a hint of fear. What is he afraid of? 

Danny watched as Robin walked back to the others to discuss how to locate the serial code so they can remove the collar. Tired from the stress of the situation and still weak from making the giant hole in the ceiling of the facility, Danny relaxed the tension of his muscles in his arms, neck, and back, letting his head fall forward. Now looking at the floor, Danny closed his eyes blocking out the young hero's discussion that was now rising in volume. 

Are you ok?

Danny tensed, Get out of my mind child. My thoughts are not for you to rummage around in. 

Sorry.

Danny relaxed, letting his mind drift. 

Are you asleep?

Danny opened one eye to look at her, Not anymore, what did I just tell you? The green girl sheepishly looked down, still hovering off the floor. 

I apologize, I can feel people's emotions, their pain, and yours......... 

There was a very audible pause. Danny, now with both eyes open, gives her a pointed look, Yes? 

Is very loud?

Why does it sound like you are asking a question? Shaking his head, Danny closed his eyes once again. I'm not going to get any rest, am I? Fine, but it's my turn to ask a question, why aren't you helping your fellow super friends in brightly colored costumes?

You are not being very nice. Danny could hear the attitude, even though she didn't speak aloud.

Hmm, I wonder why. It couldn't be because someone keeps talking in my mind, even though I told them not too. 

Silence.

As Danny's curiosity got the better of him, he looked up to find all six of the young hero's looking at him with scary looks of determination. He turned to look at Robin, one brow raised in a questioning look. Robin stepped forward.

"So we think we found a way to find the serial number on the collar, hopefully without killing you." Robin walked around and positioned himself kneeling behind Danny. The kid with red hair joined him, while the others stood around Danny, ready to help if needed. 

Danny quickly turned to look at the girl with green skin, What are they doing? What are you and your friends not telling me? Realization dawned on Danny, That's why you wouldn't leave me alone, you where distracting me! They are going to touch the collar again. Danny's toxic green eyes glowed brighter as he screamed the accusation in his mind. She looked away, shame written all over her face.

Danny strained against the chains binding him, trying to distance himself from the two behind him, when he felt a pair of hands on his shoulders to keep him from moving. The boy with black hair and black shirt knelt in front of Danny and looked him in the eyes, "You can't move, if you move to much then it will take longer for Kid to find the serial number and for Robin to hack the collar."

Shaking with rage Danny's eyes glowed even brighter as he stared down the boy in front of him, until the he looked away, however the boy did not let go of Danny's shoulders. 

Danny suddenly felt one of the boy's behind him gently move his hair out of the way, leaving the collar in full view. Panicking, Danny glanced back and saw both Robin and the redhead staring at the collar with determination.

"Okay Kid, on three."

"One."

Danny whipped his head back around and looked at the girl with green, who was still looking away from him. You have to stop them. She shook her head still looking at the ground.

"Two."

I don't have enough energy to withstand another shock from the damn collar! She gasped and looked at him, eye's wide in shock. If you don't stop them now I might not survive!

She rushed forward, "guy's wa..."

"Three."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

*********************************************************************

Cliff hanger!       

You are welcome. 

Guy's in all honesty this chapter was kind of hard to write, I couldn't decide how I wanted to end chapter and it was killing me. But I finally figured out how to put my thoughts into words and put those words on the page. 

Also be prepared, because in the next chapter Danny is a badass. I am excited!!!!

Alright see you next chapter. Bye!!!