The Reminder

[Notes: This chapter gets pretty extreme with consensual but hard-core BDSM it includes knife and bloodplay as well as scarring so if that's not your thing then I apologize]

*****

By the time she got out of the shower she was much more calm and collected. She got dressed in some sorts and a t-shirt then pulled her hair into a braid and went to grab her phone. When she turned it back on she saw some texts from Joseph as well as a few missed calls. She knew that it was kind of a dick move to cut him off like that after saying the weird things that she'd said but she hadn't wanted to deal with it in the moment and she also thought that it was probably a conversation that was better left up to having face to face instead of through texts or a phone call. As she was about to slide her phone into her pocket it started to ring and she looked to see who was calling. It was Joseph. She swallowed hard but decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Can you tell me what's going on? I'm very confused." He said then chuckled softly. "I'm on my way home, just so you know. Maybe that will help with whatever is happening between you and Jamie."

"I'm not...there's nothing happening between us that's bad but I mean...a little warning would have been nice." She replied.

"Sorry I suppose I didn't think I needed that much of a warning." He said.

"It's fine," She sighed.

"I'm on my way home so you'll only have to deal with whatever this is for a bit longer. I promise, then we can discuss it, yeah?" He asked.

"Okay," She said, "I'll see you then." She ended the call but didn't immediately try to leave the room to go back downstairs. There was no way she felt she could continue to be normal around Jamie but she was probably going to learn to have to if she wanted this to work. They were clearly good enough friends with each other that he was allowed to just come over to the house whenever so unless she wanted to ruin this relationship entirely based on her own hang ups then she had to do something. After watching the clock for a full minute she got up and headed back downstairs. Jamie was in the living room area channel surfing on the couch. She walked over and sat down in a chair nearby.

"Feeling better?" He asked.

"A lot, thanks." She replied, "Can I get you anything? Drink? Food?"

"I'm fine, I'd get it myself if I wanted it anyway." He shrugged, "So how did you meet Joe again? He was vague on the details."

"It's complicated." She said, and didn't think she should directly answer that if Joseph hadn't already explained it. If he hadn't then she figured there was a reason but they didn't exactly have the best origin story as it was. Teacher and student. Not that she was directly ever his student but any way one were to look at it, it still seemed pretty immoral. "I think he's better off explaining it."

"I don't think he will because trust me, love, I've not stopped pressing him for it." He chuckled.

"I still think that's probably more up to him than me." She shrugged trying her best to look at him while not also staring at him at the same time. His voice was intoxicating, so smooth and relaxing. She kept reminding herself that she needed to pull it together but nothing she was doing was working, it only seemed to be getting worse.

"So tell me about this Vecna thing."

"What?" She laughed kind of nervously. "I mean uh...you said you already know so-"

"I'm aware of the phenomenon, yes but not the details."

"Well I mean you're asking the wrong person. I don't really hang out online in chat groups or whatever like that. I've never even talked about the show with anyone other than Joe." She said. It had been tempting to maybe talk to some of the fans online but she wasn't sure if that was a violation of privacy somehow. It wasn't as if she intended to tell everyone she was banging Joseph Quinn but it also somehow felt wrong. It led her to not look at fan blogs and theories and only official information and interviews with the cast. Something she still kind of felt was cheating but it was better than having no information at all.