The Compromise

Things started to feel a lot more normal again once Joseph was released from the hospital and they were allowed to go back home. Since Trixie was in jail and there was no chance of her being let out even for a small period of time it was the most peace they had all felt in what seemed like ages (even though it had only been a few months). Jamie had practically moved in with them, she was sure he was there more than he was at his own place but she didn't mind. After seeing what he'd done at the theater, risking his life to stop the carnage, she couldn't imagine him not being around. He'd probably saved many more lives than any of them knew just by getting her to stop.

The first few days at home they were all just taking it easy. Not that it wasn't difficult in some ways because they'd been apart for awhile so the sexual tension and desire was there just not the energy. Not for Joseph at least. It wasn't really his fault. His doctors had cautioned him extensively about not getting too worked up for a while because of his heart. The bullet hadn't done a ton of damage but he'd had to have his chest opened for surgery and it was close to his heart so any strenuous activity was pretty much out for six weeks (or more) until his doctor cleared that. It hadn't even been an entire week and both of them were pretty much at their wits end not being able to do anything about it. Though they'd discussed just simple, non-kinky love making they both believed that because it had been so long neither of them would be able to control it which wouldn't be good, especially if it sent Joseph right back to the hospital.

"Come here, I want to talk to you about something," He said to her one night after dinner. Jamie was there, as usual, so whatever he wanted to talk to her about was apparently private. They left to go to the bedroom and she took a seat on the bed. He shut the door then came over to join her taking her hand in his. "I know this is very irritating for both of us, it's also neither of our faults obviously. I don't blame you for wanting to be cautious and you're right about it, in any case."

"Trust me, I wouldn't be saying no at all if I thought it was bullshit but you literally still have a wound on your chest and it's not fully healed. Stitched up but..."

"I know." He sighed, "But, I do feel bad about it and I know that you have your needs to be met and aren't in the same condition." She still had to be careful with her shoulder (and was still on painkillers for it) but it wasn't dangerous for her to attempt almost any sort of sexual activity that was for sure. Even if she reinjured her shoulder, the worst that could happen was possibly more surgery (or just more healing time) it wasn't like his heart issue.

"I can wait you know, I have toys. You've seen me use them." She chuckled.

"Obviously," He grinned, "And as fun as that is for me, you have no idea, I was thinking maybe we could take it to another level."

"How?"

"Well, you and Jamie seem to get on quite well and your Vecna thing isn't a secret anymore now is it?" He asked.

"It never was that much of a secret after I met him..." She said, "But I guess it's even harder to deny it now. What's your point again?"

"What if...you two had some fun and I just...watched?" He asked. She looked at him because not only did she not hate the idea she loved it, a lot. Which was bad for her because she knew she shouldn't. It wasn't that she didn't love Joseph or she wasn't attracted to him, he was the one she wanted to marry and be with but there was something undeniable about Jamie that she just couldn't ignore either.

"You're serious or is this some kind of...joke or test?"

"I'm serious," He said, "Really, I'm not going to be upset if you say yes or no. I'm confident enough with what we have between us that I think it would be okay. Secure enough with the relationship I have with Jamie as well."