Ordinary Life

31 August 2022 11:30 PM

Jungkook was on his way back to his small apartment from the convenience store in his area. A small pack of cupcakes dangling in his hands.

It's almost a year of him living ordinary life. After that downfall in his career, it turned out that the people he trusted to buy his properties hid some illegal purchases under his name and also faked some of his property documentation.

He didn't feel that down for losing his career as much as he felt down about losing his voice and eventually the fake friends he made during his career. Being mute, people around him couldn't understand him and weren't ready to cooperate with him by communicating through paper messages, so they eventually stopped hanging around him to avoid him.

Not that he minded that much, but there was something else he lost with his voice. His spirit of living. He was living till now to create and perform for his fans. But now his popularity was gone and his voice was gone. He was even ready to sell his songs but no artist was matching the requirements of his songs. No one except himself was capable enough to sing those songs in an angelic voice. Some tried to sing his songs in their way but miserably failed. He had experience only in one career so it was difficult for him to get even an ordinary job because of his identity and disability. He was willing to work but he was rejected by employers just because they didn't want to get involved with a fallen artist, who now was mute and lost stardom.

He changed places because of his identity. He came and started living in a town near Jeju Island, which was isolated from the civilization of big cities. He got used to his now quiet life. He liked it anyway. He worked at the postal service of the town. His job required only physical work only so he can avoid conversation.

He had no one except himself to look after, so he does his job during the day time and at night time he relaxes. He had developed a habit of reading online novels. '7 Fates' was his favorite one so far. It was a long novel. The team of the hero who fought for survival and achieved success in saving the earth. Though it was named '7 fates' there were only 6 characters described. 7th has been a mystery and fuel for readers to keep reading. They all have impressive personalities. The hero had a more interesting one among them. He had a very complex personality the anonymous writer of the novel used four long chapters to describe his characteristics.

Jungkook admired the fictional characters. His life was torturous, he cannot stand the judgemental looks people gave him. Treated him like an outsider, even after he used his youth time solely to entertain them, they refused to even accept him as his life had made him be. He wanted to escape his own life. He was jealous of fictional characters, they always meet the end of their sufferings, but his sufferings of life seem to be neverending, as they keep coming at him one after another. He was not courageous or cruel enough to end his life. He believed life is a given gift, how you live it, makes it precious. It has a purpose and you have no right to end it fruitlessly. So he lived on even after facing downfalls in his life.

31 August 2022 11:55 PM

He was sitting on the sofa of his small apartment. Cupcakes were decorated in the shape of a cake tower and he had placed candles for his 23rd birthday on it.

There was no one beside him to wish him a Happy Birthday.

("I am all alone again....") He thought.

31 August 2022 11:58 PM

Ding...

'7 Fates' has been updated.

31 August 2022 11:59 PM

It would be nice to have a fictional life... At least you get to meet your ending unlike.....

1 September 2022  12:00 AM

("Oh how I wish to live a life like them....") He thought and sighed, blowing out candles in the action.

He wished to have a fictional life on his 23rd birthday.

It's not a big deal. It's not like it will come true. Quite impossible. He ate the cupcakes alone and went to sleep. Not before reading the updated chapter of '7 Fates' of course.

But as they say, be careful what you wish for...

___________________________________

What surprises the Fate has in store for him, stay tuned and keep reading to find out....(⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠)