7

"Sorry we're late." Puck apologized as he led Mercedes and Finn into Breadstix. "We were dropping our bags off at my mom's."

"Finn!"

"Geez." Puck muttered as everyone pushed past him to greet Finn. He frowned as he sat down at the booth.

When Finn managed to make his way to the table, he sat down beside Puck.

"Tell us everything." Kurt requested. "How are you here?"

"The Army didn't work out." Finn answered. "I've been backpacking across the country for the past three months, and I got to L.A. a few days ago and-"

"You've been in L.A. with Puck?" Quinn interrupted.

"Should've texted or called me." Puck muttered.

"We can talk later." Quinn promised softly as she turned back to Finn.

"Yeah." Finn nodded. "Yeah, I'm figuring things out for now. And hanging out with Puck is good for me."

"Puck?" Kurt repeated. "How is hanging out with Puck good for you?"

"Alright." Puck said.

"No offense." Kurt added as he folded his arms and looked at Finn for an explanation.

"This is exactly how!" Finn exclaimed. "Puck is the only one who will just let me figure things out instead of forcing me to be somebody I'm not or go somewhere I don't wanna go."

"Wow." Rachel said, tossing her napkin onto the table as she stood up and walked away.

"Rachel, wait." Finn called after her.

"I'll see you at home." Kurt decided, getting up and hurrying after Rachel.

Finn sighed and looked at Puck.

"You need a drink." Puck noted. "Leave Finn alone, guys. Santana, Mike, how's school?"

-

"Puck." Quinn said, stopping him in the parking lot. "Can we talk?"

"I'm leaving." Puck stated.

"I'll give you a ride." Quinn offered.

Puck shook his head. "I'm with Finn."

"Noah, please." Quinn requested.

"We can talk later." Puck shrugged. "I'll be in Lima for a few days."

"Tomorrow's Thanksgiving." Quinn noted.

"So we'll talk on Friday." Puck suggested.

"Look, I-"

"Not now, Q." Puck requested.

Quinn looked at Puck.

"I'll call you later, okay?" Puck promised. "Tonight."

"Okay."

-

"Finn!" Carole exclaimed, letting the boys into the house and squeezing her son in a tight hug. "What are you doing home?"

"I promise I'll explain everything and answer all of your questions, okay?" Finn said when they parted. "Are Kurt and Rachel here?"

"They're in Kurt's room." Carole nodded as she looked at Puck when Finn ran off. "Hey, Puck. Happy Thanksgiving."

"Hey, Mrs. H." Puck smiled. "Happy Thanksgiving."

"How's sunny L.A.? You look nice and tan." Carole noted. "Make sure you wear sunscreen."

"I will." Puck promised. "And it's good. Much warmer there."

"Good." Carole said. "It's good seeing you all grown up. Although I miss having you boys home."

"Yeah." Puck replied. "But you know I've basically been on my own for years anyway."

"Yeah." Carole repeated with a sigh. "I don't know what you and Sarah are doing tomorrow, but you're welcome to join us."

"Thank you." Puck responded. "Sarah's away for the weekend with her friend."

"Well, you're still welcome to come." Carole noted.

"Thanks." Puck smiled. "I should get out of here. I'll see you before we go back to L.A."

"Thanks for getting Finn here."

"Go easy on him, Mrs. H."