27

Puck ended up back at the bar by himself. He turned off his phone and drank for a while, completely going overboard. When he couldn't see straight anymore, one of the bartenders gave him a glass of water and called a car to take him home.

Puck walked into the apartment and felt all eyes on him.

"Dude, are you okay?" Finn wondered.

"Where have you been?" Jake asked.

"Out." Puck muttered as the front door opened and Santana returned with Brittany, Rachel, and Quinn. "I'm fine."

"Hey." Brittany smiled as she started greeting everyone. "L.A. is so cool."

"Yeah, I'm really glad you guys are enjoying living here." Rachel added. "I think it could be good for you."

"Oh my god, you're Quinn Fabray." Kitty noted as Quinn greeted everyone.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm Kitty Wilde." Kitty smiled. "Big fan."

"Thanks?" Quinn replied.

"Quinn, this is Jake." Finn said. "Puck's brother."

"It's nice to meet you." Quinn smiled as she glanced at Puck. "Is everything okay here?"

"Puck's wasted." Santana noted, grabbing Puck's arm. "I'll handle this. Come on."

"I'm fine." Puck insisted, pulling away from Santana.

"Don't make a scene." Santana said. "Let's go upstairs and talk."

"I'm fine." Puck repeated as he walked away and went upstairs, locking himself in his room.

-

A little while later, someone knocked on Puck's door. He didn't answer, but the door opened and Quinn stood there.

"Hey." Quinn said softly. "Can we talk?"

"Did they send you to check on me?" Puck asked.

"I wanted to see if you're okay." Quinn replied, entering the room and closing the door behind her.

"Stop acting like we're together." Puck commanded. "I don't need you to come check on me."

"Jake said Shelby called a few times." Quinn stated, ignoring Puck. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, especially not with you." Puck muttered.

"What does that mean?" Quinn wondered.

"This is all your fault." Puck hissed. "You're the one who didn't want her. You didn't even wanna try, and I had to keep my mouth shut and go along with it."

"Whatever Shelby said to you-"

"It doesn't matter what Shelby said." Puck cut Quinn off. "We don't have her and we don't get to be her parents because of you. Because you're selfish."

"Selfish?" Quinn repeated with the smallest hint of tears in her eyes. "You don't think I wanted her? We couldn't, Noah. You know that."

Puck shook his head angrily.

"You're drunk and you're pissed, but you don't get to take that out on me." Quinn added as the door opened.

"Hey." Finn said softly. "Everything okay up here?"

"We can hear you fighting from downstairs." Santana added.

"We're fine." Quinn insisted, taking a deep breath. "I'm gonna go get some air."

"I'll come with you." Finn said protectively, looking at Puck as he and Quinn walked away.

Santana closed the door and looked at Puck. "Before you lie and say you're fine, I know this is about whatever Shelby said to you."

Puck didn't say anything.

"And you can talk to any of us, but Quinn's the one person that actually gets it." Santana pointed out. "Don't forget that."