15

"Hey." Puck answered the phone.

"Hey." Finn replied. "Merry Christmas."

"Happy Hanukkah." Puck retorted.

"Yeah." Finn nodded. "What are you up to?"

"I just finished working, so I'm on my way home. I'm gonna order some food and shower." Puck answered. "How's Lima?"

"It's good." Finn responded. "My mom misses you."

"I miss her, too." Puck noted.

"You're gross." Finn muttered in disgust.

Puck smirked. "What are you guys up to?"

"It snowed so we've been playing board games and watching movies." Finn told Puck. "I really wish you came. They've been interrogating me all day."

"About what?" Puck wondered.

"My life plans." Finn replied. "And dating."

"Yeah?" Puck asked. "Well, remember my motto."

"Yeah, I told them what happens in L.A. stays in L.A." Finn added. "A lot of the glee kids came home. I'm seeing Quinn tomorrow, and Mike in a few days. Santana's here, and Sam's flying out to L.A., I think."

"Yeah, I spoke to Santana earlier." Puck replied. "Look, I just got home so I'll talk to you later. Tell everyone I said hi."

"I will." Finn promised. "Happy Hanukkah. Bye, Puck."

"Merry Christmas, Finn."

-

Puck was finishing dinner when his phone rang again. With a mouthful of food, he accepted the call and put the phone to his ear. "Hullo?"

"Hi, Dada."

"Hey, B." Puck replied. "Merry Christmas."

"Mewwy Chwismas." Beth repeated. "Miss you."

"I miss you, too." Puck said.

"Come hewe." Beth requested.

"Soon." Puck promised. "I'll talk to Shelby about it."

"'Kay." Beth replied.

"I'll talk to you soon." Puck added. "Be a good girl. I love you, Monkeyface."

"Wuv you!" Beth exclaimed.

Puck heard the phone shuffle.

"Hi, Puck."

"Hey, Shelby." Puck responded.

"Whenever you wanna come to New York, you're welcome to stay over." Shelby offered.

"Yeah, actually, I kinda forgot." Puck admitted sheepishly. "I'm still in L.A."

"Well, Beth and I are home this whole week, so you're welcome anytime." Shelby added.

"No, it's... I'm not flying in." Puck clarified. "I was just in Lima for Thanksgiving, and Finn and I are trying to save up for a bigger apartment and-"

"You're really not coming?" Shelby interrupted.

"I can't." Puck said.

"Beth's gonna be so disappointed." Shelby muttered.

"Beth understands that I live across the country and I'm doing the best I can." Puck stated. "She'll be fine."

"Fine." Shelby echoed.

"You don't get to be mad at me about this." Puck added. "I'm eighteen. I'm trying to live my life."

"All I said was fine." Shelby replied, and Puck's phone beeped with another call.

"I gotta go." Puck said, switching calls.

"Hey, Puck."

"Quinn, hey." Puck said, trying to play it cool. "Merry Christmas."

"Thank you." Quinn responded. "And happy Hanukkah."

"Thanks." Puck replied. "So what's up?"

"I just wanted to call and say hi." Quinn said. "Are you in Lima? I'm off from school until the end of January."

"No, I stayed here to work." Puck responded. "How's Christmas with your mom?"

"It's good." Quinn answered. "It means a lot to her to have me home. And I got straight As this semester, so she's telling everyone she knows."

"That's awesome, Q. Congrats." Puck noted. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you." Quinn said. "Sarah must've been bummed that you didn't come home."

"Sarah's never home on Christmas anyway." Puck reminded Quinn, pausing for a moment. "Finn said it snowed."

"Yeah, it's beautiful." Quinn told Puck.

"Yeah, you always loved the snow." Puck stated. "You called at the perfect time. I was just on the phone with Shelby."

"Oh." Quinn muttered.

"I forgot I was gonna go see Beth this week." Puck told Quinn. "But I just went home last month so I didn't wanna buy another plane ticket."

"Beth will understand." Quinn insisted.

"That's what I said!" Puck exclaimed. "But you know Shelby."

"Unfortunately, I do." Quinn replied. "Well, if you're not coming home, we can talk when I come visit you."

"You wanna visit me?" Puck asked.

"Santana and I have been talking about coming to see Mercedes." Quinn explained. "And we're both done with school, so I wanna come see you, too."

"I'll be here." Puck told Quinn.

"Maybe we'll fly back with Finn." Quinn suggested.

"Yeah, do me a favor." Puck requested. "Don't tell Finn about you and me. I don't want him to get any ideas in his head."

"Yeah, everyone always gets weird about you and me."

"Yeah."