38

"Hey." Puck said, gently grabbing Quinn's wrist as she exited the bathroom. "What'd she say to you?"

Quinn looked at Puck.

"Whatever it was-"

"She was interrogating me." Quinn cut Puck off as she pulled her arm away. "About us - our past, Beth, Thanksgiving..."

"She wants to be with me." Puck told Quinn. "But I told her to leave you alone."

"Well, maybe you should be with her." Quinn suggested. "Didn't we agree we'd see other people?"

"Yeah, but..." Puck trailed off and shrugged.

"There's this guy at school." Quinn began. "He asked me out."

Puck didn't say anything.

"I told him I was flying to L.A. for the weekend." Quinn continued. "But I said we could go on a date when I get back."

"Oh." Puck muttered stupidly. "Well, good. You should."

"I wanted to see you play." Quinn added. "And I was hoping to have this conversation in person."

"What conversation?" Puck wondered.

Quinn took a deep breath. "I've been thinking about things, and I talked to Finn, and I think you and I should take a break."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"I think we shouldn't contact each other for a while." Quinn clarified. "You were doing a lot better when-"

"Doing a lot better?" Puck repeated. "What the hell does that mean?"

"You weren't distracted when we weren't speaking or sleeping together, so maybe we should just get back to that." Quinn suggested.

"Is that what you want?" Puck asked.

"No, but... we can't spend the next four years miserable either." Quinn answered.

"Fine." Puck gave in. "Good, well, thanks for coming, Quinn. So glad you could make it."

"Noah." Quinn said softly.

"No, really." Puck responded. "I thought this night couldn't get any better, but here we are."

"I didn't mean to ruin your night. I'm sorry." Quinn apologized.

"Yeah, thanks." Puck nodded as he walked away.