24

Puck and Finn were walking around the liquor store when Puck's phone went off. He answered it and put it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, Dada."

"Hi, princess." Puck replied. "I'm at the store. Can me and Mommy call you later?"

"Why?" Beth asked.

"'Cause I'm a little busy right now and I wanna talk to you when I'm not so busy." Puck stated.

"'Kay." Beth said.

"'Kay." Puck repeated as the phone shuffled. "I love you."

"Hey, Puck." Shelby replied.

"Shelby, hey." Puck said. "Now's not a good time. I'll call in, like, an hour."

"We'll be having dinner in, like, an hour." Shelby told Puck.

"Are you still mad about Christmas?" Puck wondered. "Seriously?"

"What?" Shelby asked.

"Quinn and I will call later. I gotta go." Puck said before hanging up. He looked at Finn. "Let's pay for these and get out of here."

"Okay."

-

Puck didn't say anything from the time they left the liquor store until they came back to the apartment.

"Hey." Quinn said. "Need help with the liquor?"

"Sure." Finn answered, passing bottles to Quinn while Santana helped herself to the vodka.

"What time do you guys have to go to the airport?" Santana wondered.

"In an hour." Finn answered. "A bunch of them are on Kurt and Blaine's flight."

"Why don't we just get them a car?" Mercedes suggested.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Finn said. "I'll text Kurt."

The group of six continued putting everything away and getting the apartment ready.

Puck frowned as his phone rang again. He accepted the call and put it to his ear. "What do you want? I told you I'd call later."

The phone shuffled and Puck heard Beth whining.

"Dada yell."

"Wait, I'm sorry." Puck apologized. "I didn't realize-"

"Puck." Shelby sighed. "You don't get to scream at her like that."

"I thought she was you." Puck responded.

"I have to go comfort my daughter." Shelby said before hanging up.

"Fuck you, too." Puck muttered, pocketing his phone. When he looked up, everyone was looking at him. "Shelby. I'll call her back later."