Chapter 64

Ace

Margaret felt colder than ever, and rightfully so. Whatever we had, seemed long lost. 

"Mr. Montague, we have a meeting with the vice president in 15 minutes. "

My new secretary spoke.

"Okay thank you Alice. "

Today was a meeting with a Vice President of Rintalis republic, and what his secretary spoke about before, was a big project that would bring in a lot of money.

This was SierraTechs chance to get the prestige that it deserved.

10 guards came in then the vice president, and one of them was Maryam.

"Good afternoon sir. Welcome to SierraTech "

"Hello Ace, thank you for having me. "

We sat down and the meeting started.

"Well Ace, I want to get straight to the point. I want SierraTech to be fully included in this. The state is ready to provide whatever you need and the resources are unlimited for this. This of course means that all of your payments will not be taxed and you will get to have full say in this... What we want is for Lilith to be spread to neighboring countries..at the discretion of course on your part. "

I swallowed at the unsettling thought.

"But sir...Lilith is not that powerful in reach and has its limits to Rintalis only. "

"I know, I know... That's why I need you to develop something that would help it expand. "

"But...why? "

"How do you mean why? Because of the glory of Rintalis of course. We would know what our enemies and allies are doing at all times. I completely understand that this might take some time, but what I want you to do is focus on Sytharina first. "

"Sytharina? But the people there are on verge of bankruptcy and starvation, and the country is going to collapse sooner or later. Besides, we would need to take a lot of test subjects in order to tune Lilith to their frequencies and if their brains do not accept it...they will die. "

He got up and walked to me, with a smile on his face.

"Sytharina of course...because it is easiest to break. And I did say that ...I will give whatever it takes, and I mean it. "

"I understand sir, and you are very generous, but I doubt they will want to participate in this. "

"Hah! Do you think that citizens of Rintalis wanted to participate in this first? Come on... you can't be that naive. And if they do show some resistance, we will manage it. "

"Sir... with all due respect, when people were tested on, they volunteered, that is why this project was successful. "

He waived his hand over the men that guarded him, clearly sending a message.

"Can you do this or? I would really hate for SierraTech to fall apart because you can't do this."

"Yes sir. I...will do whatever I can. "

"Atta boy. I am late for lunch now, and please do say hi to Eucia for me. "

"Yes sir.. "

The vice president left, planting a seed of restlessness in me.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

The vice president doesn't even understand what he asks of me, because if I do this...it will be genocide.