Chapter 65

Margaret

I remember Ace speaking about the particular hacker Cobra somewhere in Adamo. If anyone can help me track Maryam down it's them.

I called  Juht even though he was right in front of me, back turned.

"My, my Margaret. Oh how much I love hearing your voice. "

He stopped talking when my dagger was pressed into his neck.

"Hello, Juht. " I pressed the sharp steel into his skin.

"Uh...what is this all about? "

"Oh you know...just tracking down someone. Listen, I need to gain entrance to Adamo. "

"I would looove to do it for you but... "

"But at a price? Hah. I think I have paid the price that your failures caused me. Now...consider it a gesture of goodwill towards me, your old friend. "

"Margaret I need to pay off my connections...I can't do anything without it.. "

"That is something that you will have to figure out on your own, otherwise, if you fail to do it and if you try to run away...I will look for you, I will find you and I will ....oh well, you know how the saying goes. "

"Fine...I will figure out what I can do for you, just lower it down. What are you even searching for? "

I seethed the daggers, not moving my eyes off of him.

"I am searching for a particular person, and I don't know their name, but their codename is Cobra. "

His mouth opened, and he started to sprint, and I threw the dagger at his feet, hitting him in the back of the knee.

There were times when the rubber band was not enough, so I started to throw daggers at a simple plank. In the beginning, I missed a lot, but with time, I improved so that I didn't miss. Not a single time.

"Well, it seems that you know something about it. Penny for your thoughts? "

In that split second...I got taken back to that moment with Ace, when I asked the exact thing.

"I uh...I know that person. That person is me. "