05 - 𝕻𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖓𝖊𝖗

Classes started early the next morning; Charms was easily the most amusing class, the Slytherin's had double charms with Hufflepuff before lunch.

Holly got a chance to talk to Hannah before class started, but as Professor Flitwick - a tiny little wizard with a neat middle part and a small whiff of moustache - was taking attendance, he paused at Holly's name, gave her a quick odd look and went back to attendance.

Holly might've been offended, but it's nothing she hasn't dealt with before. When you come from a family such as hers, it's a miracle if one doesn't get nasty looks at least once every two weeks.

Herbology with Professor Sprout - a tall, ample woman with fluffy silver hair tucked under her straw hat - was an interesting event; the class began with Michael Corner running into a pot of Venomous Tentacula. Its long spindly vines weaved its way around Micheal's body until Professor Sprout entered the green house and prevented a death on their first day of school.

Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall was the most nerve racking, she just sat there on her desk as a cat- Holly later found out that Professor McGonagall was an animagus and not because she's a metamorphmagus.

Her every meow caused everyone to freeze up, her every scrutinizing gaze made everyone tremble and wish the floor would open up and eat them whole.

But one thing Holly liked about McGonagall was that: she treated her like she would treat every other student. Not overly fond like Professor Sprout or overly skittish like Professor Flitwick.

No, she treated Holly like she would every student: with unflinching terror.

Surprisingly, Holly was great at Transfiguration. Not like great, great, but better than the average first year. She'd actually manage to turn the match into a wooden needle, Professor McGonagall said that with a bit more practice, she'd be able to turn the match into a normal needle. To be fair, this is her first Transfiguration lesson.

Defence Against the Dark Arts with Professor Quirrel - a turban wearing wizard who reeked badly of garlic - was by far the worst class. Holly can't focus past the horrid smell of garlic, it clogged her nose and teared up her eyes.

Shaun, a third year Slytherin, told them over dinner that Professor Quirrel was a notorious vampire hunter back in the days. But after an encounter with a particularly nasty one in the forest of Albania, the Professor was never the same. Always stuttering, always alert and very paranoid. Like one day, his old nemesis Wumpus the Worse will pop up and get his revenge.

Although, Holly thinks Shaun was exaggerating it a bit. Theo however was eating the whole story up, he even made a bracelet made out of garlic that he carried around making him smell like Quirrel.

Draco found it amusing because Blaise found a reason to stay away from Theo, he can be a bit dramatic sometimes.

Thursday was the day Holly had been looking forward to all week, that night after dinner they were to go up to the Astronomy tower and watch stars and name constellations all night. It was right up Holly's alley. Something she was sure she's good at.

Her aunt had practically drilled every constellation, every star, every galaxy into Holly's mind before she could even sing the alphabet.

But before that, they had their first History of Magic before lunch with the Hufflepuffs.

It was with Professor Binns - the only ghost teacher and the most boring one yet, The Bloody Baron held a more interesting conversation than him.

Professor Binns died in a classroom fire, Maria - their Prefect said. In a job he disliked the most, so when his soul left his body, he was stuck forever in the classroom. He wasted away his miserable life and so that's why Ghost Binns turned out that way. Droning and boring.