17 - 𝕲𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖓 𝖆 𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙

When Holly got back to the cabin, her siblings gave her questioning stares as she took out her backpack and started stuffing some of her belongings; Change of clothes, necessary toiletries, first aid kit and camping supplies as well as her weapons.

Midway through her packing, Silena and Liya approached her asking where she was going. And so she told them, in vague details but she told them.

Liya looked worried as she stared at Holly, she was silent as Holly finished packing. It was only before Holly left did Liya finally speak again, she threw her arms around Holly and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'll be praying to mom," Liya said.

Holly left Cabin Ten with no worries, it was getting past the Stolls which seemed harder.

Those who wanted to bid their goodbyes to the quartet gathered around the hearth in the middle of the field.

Holly hugged her friends tightly, when she let go, she felt hollow as a large pit kept on sinking in her stomach because of their impending doom.

The Stoll's said their goodbye last, Holly looked around but Luke was nowhere to be found.

"This is a dumb idea," Connor muttered as he hugged Holly.

"I agree," echoed Travis who lifted Holly off the ground into a tight hug when it was his turn. "Come back in one piece, and preferably alive, yeah?"

"I'll try my best," Holly mumbled against his shoulder.

She felt so comfortable in the arms of her friend that she almost didn't want to leave, but she had no other choice. So she let go of Travis and walked off with Percy, Grover and Annabeth.

They went up to the Big House one last time before going to the quest where Chiron had joined them, then they looked at Camp one more time before heading for Half Blood Hill.

There they met with Argus who was waiting patiently for them, he was decked out in his fancy chauffeur uniform with his hair gelled back for the occasion.

"This is Argus," Chiron explained to Percy. "He will drive you into the city, and- er... well, keep an eye on things."

Then they heard a pair of footsteps running after them, Luke arrived breathlessly while holding a pair of worn out sneakers.

"Hey!" he panted. "Glad I caught you."

"Just wanted to say good luck," Luke told Percy directly. "And I thought... um, maybe you could use these."

He handed him the pair of sneakers, then he shouted: "Maia!"

Bird wings sprouted from the heels of the shoes, Percy dropped it in surprise. The wings flapped, slowing the shoes' fall as it landed.

"Awesome!" Grover said.

Luke smiled. "Those served me well when I was on my quest. Gift from Dad. Of course, I don't use them much these days..."

"What?" Holly piped in. "No gifts for us? We're equally as vulnerable out there, you know."

"Sorry, it's the only pair I got." Luke shrugged.

"Doesn't matter," Holly crossed her arms. "I wouldn't want to wear smelly shoes anyways."

"Hey, man," Percy said. "Thanks."

"Listen, Percy ..." Luke looked uncomfortable. "A lot of hopes are riding on you. So just... kill some monsters for me, okay?"

They shook hands, Luke patted Grover's head, hugged Annabeth, and gave Holly a high five.