06 - 𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖑'𝖘 𝕿𝖚𝖗𝖇𝖆𝖓

The new spring of September slowly turned to a chilly October, the sky was gloomier and the grass muddier.

Professor McGonagall taught them to transfigure a small styrofoam ball into tiny pumpkins like christmas ornaments in celebration of Halloween, Professor Sharma took them out on a two hour long class where they had to spot different Halloween themed constellations;

Professor Flitwick showed them the levitating charm Wingardium Leviosa which he used to make candles float, and Professor Binns took a full hour discussing the creation of Halloween.

But the best class was Herbology with Professor Sprout where they carved out Jack-o-lanterns and placed candles in them, Holly carved fangs on her pumpkin while Blaise did his own version of a pumpkin man (a snowman like figure with the pointed carrot nose and top hat except with pumpkin instead of snow).

Draco's pumpkin was grinning as evilly as he was, long sharp w's as its mouth and a horizontal half circle as eyes.

Pansy went with a more classic jack-o-lantern, while Theo did nothing at all because he accidentally smashed the hollow pumpkin as he was carving its features.

Theo refused another, instead he went back to their dorms and showered off the sticky pumpkin juice that exploded all over him.

Halloween morning soon arrived and just like that, they've hit their two months mark at Hogwarts.

They woke up to an extra warm common room and a large bowl of sweets on the mantle. Their sixth year Prefect, Alfie strode in announced a very loud:

"Trick or treat!" Most of the kids gave him an odd look, Holly and a few others beamed excitedly.

When Alfie noticed the confused faces, he sighed and explained, "It's a muggle tradition." Then he picked up the bowl and offered it to the younger years first. "Some of the sweets inside are normal, sweet and delicious. While others...well, i guess you'll have to find out. But be warned, for not all-"

He was interrupted as Crabbe began to wheeze, he was turning flaming red and flailing his arm to fan his tongue which was also turning bright red.

Alfie sighed, his enthusiasm deflated. "Give the boy some water," he said before turning around and marching off disappointedly.

Maria laughed awkwardly as she patted Crabbe's back and led him away, Holly opened a lollipop and popped it in her mouth.

"Mmm..." she hummed delightfully. "Pumpkin."

That day they only had Defence with Quirrel and History of Magic with Binns, Professor Sharma cancelled their Astronomy for Halloween so they can spend longer over dinner (Holly overheard Jimmy - a seventh year student - talk about some kind of party being the reason the Professors cancelled evening classes).

Crabbe didn't show up until Lunch, conveniently missing all classes for the day. No one else touched the bowl of sweets in the Slytherin common room, much to Alfie's dismay.

Just before they left their common room for dinner, Theo burst in panting like he just ran a twenty mile marathon.

"Finally kicked Mrs Norris, did you mate?" Blaise jokes, Theo ran up to their group stuttering.

"Theo?" Holly placed a hand on his arm, he started waving his hands frantically.

"Finally got into the stash, did he?" Draco asked jokingly, they all turned to the bowl on the mantle which remained untouched.

Then, Theo started to mumble incoherent words. Something like a Squirrel, and talking...a talking Squirrel?

"Whoah, mate," Blaise said, guiding him to the chairs. "Slow down or you'll ran out of air."