15 - 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕰𝖞𝖊𝖉 𝕭𝖔𝖞

Holly Claire Black is finally regretting all the choices she's made leading up to that moment as she dove away from a blasted statue. Concrete rains down on her, covering her in a sheet of grey dust.

Holly covered her head with her arms as she laid under a stone bench, then a face appeared next to her. The surprise made Holly instinctively back away, hitting her head in the process.

"Ouch," she muttered as she rubbed her palm on the top of her head.

"Sorry," Annabeth winced and helped pull Holly from under the bench. When Holly got back up, she found that Annabeth wasn't alone.

"Holly, do you still have your mirror?" Annabeth asked, Holly nodded and fished the item from her pack. Then Annabeth turned to Percy. "Since you're the only one who can get close enough to Medusa and live, you'll need this."

She shoves the mirror into Percy's hand, then turns back to Holly. "You're Percy's backup incase he needs assistance, and for me who won't last two seconds in front of Medusa...I'll be retrieving Grover from the rubble, so distract her for as long as you can. Get it?"

"Got it."

"Let's go," Annabeth said before putting on her yankees cap and vanishing into thin air.

Holly turned to Percy. "In case this goes wrong, know that your statue will make a great centrepiece for the arena."

"What a nice sentiment," Percy muttered before separating ways from Holly.

***

One week ago...

"Did you see the boy?"
"What was he holding?"
"They said he killed a minotaur!"

Echoes followed after Holly as she walked back to the cabins after her jog, Camp's been bustling with rumours of this mysterious boy appearing in the middle of the night a few nights ago.

He's been off limits ever since, recovering at the Big House. But now, as it appears, the boy is awake.

All the way across the field, Holly could spot a familiar blonde haired girl standing outside the ramshackled cabin.

The Hermes cabin is the largest cabin of all, housing all newcomers, children of Hermes and all the unclaimed campers at camp; it looks like an old cabin, with chipped brown paint and floor boards coming off.

When Holly got there, the whole cabin was bustling with activities. She could hear the ruckus from outside, the thumping of footsteps and countless voices talking all at once.

"Must be quite the party," Holly remarked as she stepped onto the porch.

Annabeth didn't turn to look at her, she was too busy squinting at someone inside the cabin. "He's already made himself quite popular."

"Really?" Holly asked, stepping forward and right into the chaos of the cabin. "I'd like to meet this young fellow then, if he's so high and..."

Holly paused, her lips parted from a word lodged at her throat as her eyes met a very familiar pair of green eyes.

They weren't soft like Harry's eyes was her first thought, they were bright and maybe a little wild. Like an uncontrollable tsunami, or a big tidal wave. Exactly like that. They're almost the same shade as the Algae's growing on the ocean floor. But they're the exact same eyes that's been haunting her dreams for months. She can't explain where these descriptions came from, it's like it just appeared in her mind the second she laid eyes on the boy.

"...mighty." Holly whispered.

The boy regarded her curiously, like she's a long lost memory that's slipping from his mind and he can't hold on to it even if he's so desperately trying.