32 - 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖒

By the time Easter Holidays came around, Holly had cleared out most of her schedule. For almost a month, she's managed to evade her best- her friend. Holly believes she'd done most of the evading, but she's come to realize that it was Theo who's done the evading.

It was early one morning, a few days before the Easter Holidays when Holly woke up really early for an early morning run when she walked out of her dorm the same time Theo was leaving for classes.

"You're up early," Holly remarked instinctively, but instead of replying, Theo took one look at her and scurried off.

She watched at the spot Theo was standing on for a solid minute, then grabbed her water bottle before hurrying out of the Common Room.

Since that first time, Holly's been noticing it happen often. It's not that she's bothered, it made it a little easier for her. But still, is this how it's going to be from now on?

It's not that Holly who noticed it, their friends became affected by it as well. Their once large band of heirs were now broken up into two- well, three since Draco, Crabbe and Goyle had gone off on their own as well.

But ever since Valentines, it's just been Daphne, Holly and Pansy. She's got to admit, their table's been feeling quite empty ever since the split and her friends haven't forgotten to remind her.

So by the time Easter Holidays came around, the new dilemma of picking their electives for the next year was a welcome affair. All second years had to choose their subjects for their third year, and Holly couldn't be any more excited.

"So, we have...Divinations, Care of magical creature, Study of Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies and Arithmancy." Daphne listed it down on a parchment. Then she looked up at her friends reading their own parchment.

All second years had chosen this day to sit around the fireplace in their Common Room, accepting inputs from their seniors.

Holly immediately ticked off Divinations, Pansy frowned when she saw what Holly had chosen.

"You're going to regret that so much,"

Holly just shrugged.

"Arithmancy goes a long way," Alfie commented to the boys that sat around him like he was some sort of story teller. "But Care of Magical creatures is actually, quite entertaining- not so much these days though, lots of free period with Professor Kettleburn needing to take lots of day off."

"What about...Ancient Runes?" Blaise inquired.

"I didn't take that class, but I heard it's quite difficult. Like learning a new language, they said."

Holly turned to Pansy and Daphne, leaning over to look at their papers. "What are you guys picking?"

"How many of these can we pick?" Pansy asked.

Alfie shrugged, "As many as you want, knock yourself out."

"So?" Holly asked Pansy and Daphne again.

"Definitely not Muggle Studies," Pansy skipped that box and ticked off Ancient Runes. "I can probably take two more subjects top."

"Care of Magical Creatures as well, right?" Daphne asked and they nodded in agreement. Then they looked at Holly's paper, Daphne winced. "Four more subjects, really?"

Holly finished filling up her form, folding it and handing it to their prefect. Then she got up once she's packed her things, "I'll see you guys later."

"Where are you going?" Pansy watched as she rounded the table and headed straight for the exit.

"Library, don't wait up for me." Holly managed to say before the door closed behind her.