28 - 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕻𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖐𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖈𝖊

As Halloween approached, ghosts and students alike became more agitated. It's been raining non stop for the past few weeks, and Holly wondered what's wrong with Zeus now. She was sure Percy returned his lightning bolt, so why was he flooding Scotland now?

Due to the rain, no one had the guts to stay outside for too long. Unless they were part of the Quidditch team, it seems that Quidditch Captains were working their players harder than ever, especially with the news that the Slytherin team acquired a new set of brooms.

Holly spent most of her free period cuddled under the blankets or in the Common Room, their new prefect- Josephine had graciously placed a heating charm for them. So most of the students preferred the Common Room rather than wandering around the halls.

On Halloween morning, she woke up to a rather nostalgic surprise. Alfie- the newly appointed Head Boy had been giving out candies to the students like he did the year before.

Since becoming Head Boy, he's been staying at their private dorms and rarely comes to the Slytherin Dorm now. So seeing him that morning was such a delightful surprise, Holly felt a relief when she saw him. At least something's still the same.

"How's the new dorm, Alfie?" Theo asked as he plucked a wrapped candy from Alfie's basket.

"Peaceful," Alfie answered curtly. "Although, my roommate is questionable."

"The new Head Girl's from Ravenclaw, is she not?" Holly asked as she grabbed a candy and unwrapped it, it was a crystal yellow lolly. And when Holly sucked at it, she was relieved to find it tasted like sweet mangoes. "What's her name again?"

"Georgia Baker," Alfie replied. "Hey, Nott! Mind saving me some pumpkin tart?"

"Sure thing, Al!" Theo called back as the wall swung open to a doorway.

The five young Slytherins walked out into the dungeon and up to the Great Hall, the tables were packed even so early in the morning. Everyone had wanted to see Professor Flitwick's craft first hand.

The thousand floating candles have been replaced with large floating carved pumpkins, the expressions varied and everytime they turn, they'll be sporting a different face as if the pumpkins themselves can change their appearance. Candles glowed in their eye and mouth holes, illuminating the space brightly.

It was still gloomy outside, but the warmth of the candles and the chatter of the childrens gave the Great Hall life that morning.

"Is it true?" Draco asked as he took a seat next to Pansy. "Is Dumbledore really bringing in a troupe of dancing skeletons for the feast?"

"I heard that too," Daphne nodded as she scooped up her pumpkin soup.

Holly looked distastefully at their selection that morning, everywhere she looked, all she saw was orange. It seems that the Professors went a little overboard with the pumpkin theme; Pumpkin Juice, Pumpkin tart, pumpkin stew and more. She was really hoping it wouldn't be the same for the feast, she really isn't a big fan of pumpkin.

"Well, I also heard that Snape's going to dress up as Dumbledore for the feast." Blaise chimed in as he cut through the stack of pumpkin pancakes. "Don't believe everything you hear."

And so, to settle the matters, Theo had the brightest idea to bet on it. At seven o'clock, their band of Slytherins waltzed up to the Great Hall just as dinner was being served.

Everyone was already there: the professors, the students and even the ghosts. But no dancing skeletons.

Blaise slumped into his seat triumphantly, "I told you so." He said as he piled roasted potatoes into his plate.