25 - 𝕳𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍

"Hurry up!" Aunt Andy shouted from down in the kitchen, her voice bouncing flawlessly off the acoustics of the house. "We're going to be late!"

Footsteps scuffled down the stairs, followed by muffled chatter. Holly huffs as she runs a brush through her hair, muttering about how cold the water was.

"I'll check the heating charm," Uncle Ted said as he tied his shoes. Then he went to the mirror which Tonks was checking herself at. "Someone grab the porridge, your aunt is going to be-"

"Should I bring the pink bag or blue?" Said the aforementioned aunt, she rounded the corner and stepped out into the hallway holding two paper bags made of reflective paper. One was pink and one was blue, Aunt Andromeda was looking at both with a concentrated frown.

"The pink looks-"

"The blue is less inadequate, blue it is." Aunt Andy grabbed the pile that was on the hallway table and inserted it into the bag. Then she walked past Holly, grabbing her shawl from the hook on the wall and shoving the paper bag into Holly's arms. "Give that to their son, Cedric when we arrive."

Then she was out of the door the next second, wrapping her shawl around her shoulders.

"Come on, girls." Uncle Ted waved at them, he grabbed the pot of porridge before following his wife out the door.

The late summer evening was uncharacteristically chilly, Holly shivered in her dress as they stepped out onto the driveway. Tonks was right beside her, radiating some heat to warm Holly up.

"She gets all mum-zilla whenever they have these dinners," Holly huffs as they pad down the gravel path and out the protective wards of the house.

"You know mum rarely socialises," Tonks shrugs. Then she offers her hand, Holly takes it as they get ready to apparate.

***

The Diggory household was warm, cosy and smelled faintly of lemons. Everything had a copper accent- Mrs. Diggory seemed fond of them - and paintings of various flowers hung from the wall. There was a large stone fireplace in the living room, the couch was fluffed up with knitted blankets draped on the arm rest, and a lone guitar was displayed next to the coat rack. Holly only noticed it because it was the first room as soon as they passed the front door.

The Diggory house was only two stories and a little cramped, Mr. Diggory was a notorious maximalist so every counter space was occupied and packed.

"Amos is in the kitchen," Mrs. Diggory informs them as she leads them towards a doorless frame and into the kitchen. "Cedric should be down in a minute."

The kitchen was also a dining room, the table was long and ivory completed with cute teal chairs. The table was already set, a glass vase had white lilies while the table cloth was sheer and lacy with yellow threadings to make flower designs.

The mums hit it off spectacularly as the others sat around the table, they immediately crowded in the kitchen which was just across the dining area. The dads clapped each other on the back and promptly sat down next to each other and began animatedly chatting, something about Ministry raids that Holly didn't bother eavesdropping on.

"Do I look like one of Mrs. Diggory's flowers?" Tonks whispered into Holly's ear, shifting her attention to her cousin only to find that Tonks' messy blue hair had turned into a neat bright yellow braided crown.

Holly giggled, "She loves yellow, doesn't she?"

"It's so cosy here," Tonks shrugged as she looked around the kitchen once more, probably imagining how their kitchen would look like when it wasn't bare. Her mum was a minimalist through and through, opposite of Tonks whose room was just a big mess.