A New Kind Of Life.

I crossed the road to what was indeed my apartment, still feeling a little shocked that he knew from just my name. He could know the landlord I suppose.

The apartment was small but seemed to have hot water, heating and slow internet. There were 4 rooms, a living room with a single sofa and a small TV, the kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. All the walls and floors were plain and the apartment completely lacked and character. Well that can be fixed once I get a job and start earning some money. I'll start on that tomorrow. I spent a while unpacking my things in my bedroom, before going to inspect the fridge/freezer for any food.

I noticed as I walked into the kitchen that a note had been left on the kitchen table. I picked it up and a weird sense came over me, like I was being watched while reading this note. I looked out of the window to see the normal crowd passing by.

"that's weird I could have sworn-" I mumbled but was interrupted as I was grabbed from behind, my mouth covered by a cold hand and pulled back against my captors chest. My eyes widened when I recognized the guy's voice from earlier,

"Hello [name]-chan! Your apartment is rather dull don't you agree?"

I licked his hand hoping he would let go since that worked when my freinds did it to me. He just laughed,

"don't [name]-chan! that tickles!" I wriggled around some more in his arms and stood on his foot, digging the heel of my boot in. This caused him to loosen his grip which is all I needed for me to slide down out of his arms, turn around and kick him in the shin before running into the bathroom and locking myself in.

"Why are you here?! You stalker go away!" I shouted through the door, my heart beating rapidly from the suprise. His voice came from the other side of the door, surprisingly close.

"Ouch that really hurt [name]-chan!" He pretended to pout but I could sense his smirk even though I couldn't see him. "Izaya-san didn't mean to scare you".

"You made me jump! How did you get into my apartment?"

" You should be more careful, lock the doors and windows, especially as it's on the first floor."

"I only just got here!" I protested but it suddenly went rather silent. I waited for a minute and couldn't hear a thing even after saying "Hello?" a few times so I opened the door a crack only to see creepy red/brown orbs staring at me through the gap, he yanked it open and pointed a knife at my neck while leaning in close to my face. I just stared at him and gulped a little, not really sure how to feel and trying to hold back the heat spreading across my cheeks.

"Cute." He finally said and walked out the front door.

"What the hell's with that you bloody pervert!" I shouted after him and slammed the door.

I triple checked all the windows and doors were locked before I went to bed that night, feeling incredibly paranoid.

-------------------------------------------------------- The Next Day ---------------------------------------------------------

I felt much better after a shower the next morning and went out early to have breakfast in a cafe since I had no food in the fridge yet. I set off looking for jobs since my step-mother and her boyfriend couldn't be bothered paying my rent for more than a half a year. While walking around I noticed a horse sound rushing past and wondered if they actually had horses in the city. It did seem a bit odd because it would be hard to move around because of all the people... I passed lots of rough looking gangs while walking around but none of them seemed to take much notice of me thankfully. It got to lunch time and everything had been really quiet until I found myself in a large crowd. I wondered what was going on so I used my small size to my advantage and weaved through the masses of people to see what all the fuss was about.

There in the middle was Izaya, the blonde bartender from yesterday, I was shocked to see that he was holding a vending machine over his head and actually growling at Izaya. I wondered if they were just acting and if the vending machine were actually real, if it wasn't they did a good job of making it look real.

"What the?" I mumbled and noticed a rukus behind me in the crowd, I got pushed forward and ended up in the middle of the circle with Izaya and the bar tender trying to right myself. The crowd began to whisper, saying things like 'shes dead' and 'what is she doing?' I felt my heart beat speed up again.

"Um... sorry I just tripped-" I turned away, panicing but was pulled over by Izaya and he held me in front of him like a sheild.

"[name]-chan! Say hello to Shizu-chan! So nice of you to drop by!"

"Get out the way!" The bartender yelled and I nervously nodded, shaking away from Izaya but not loosing his grip.

"You damn flea don't drag little girls into this!" He yelled again and I couldn't help but tremble feeling completely at his mercy standing here.

"Aww Shizu you're scaring her~" He taunted and started taking steps backwards, dragging me with him. I gulped and felt him pull out a knife and spin me around so I was facing him.

"Jump on my back or die." He whispered so only I could hear him. Within a second he had spun, I jumped and he ran off at amazing speed even while carrying me.

"IIIIZZZAAAAAAAAYYYAAAAAAA-KUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!" I heard him behind us and glanced back to see he was also running pretty fast, still easily carrying the vending machine. Izaya suddenly turned right into an alleyway and ditched me beside a bin, running further down the street. Shizu threw the vending machine and he swerved out of the way just in time. I was only able to stand there, shivering when I was approached by a gang. Day 2 is not going well, why now of all times?