The Final Stand.

I wore the new black boots Izaya had bought for me the other day off the internet. He had payed quite the amount for them too. They were comfy, good for running no doubt. I wore them over some black skinny jeans, which could be easily mistaken for Izayas trousers; to finish outfit I wore a tight black top borrowed from Izayas wardrobe itself. I was freezing, walking without jumper or coat through the streets with only some money in my pockets. I was headed for one particular shop while Izaya had gone out to deal with some 'business' after he gave me a strict warning to not leave the apartment. I had reached the shop, it was ordinary looking, plain like all the other clothes shops but I was only interested in one thing inside; a long black coat with a furry hood and fur at the ends of the sleeves. Almost the same as the one Izaya owns. I had seen it while hiding in the shop to escape some thugs one time. I bought the coat and put it on, instantly beginning to feel warmer again.

I grinned evilly and put up the hood and covered half my face with it. Now I looked extremely similar to Izaya, only a bit smaller which would be cancelled out by the boots. Now I just walk around and hope to attract attention from an old friend hehe~

---Some time later---

Unfortunately things had not gone so perfectly to plan, I had spotted Shizou beating up some gangster looking people and things were getting pretty messy. Of course I wasn't just about to give up and turn around however. I used my amazing pro ninja potato skills to get closer unnoticed and hide behind a wall. I was able to see flying lampposts and bins crash past me and occasionally a body as well. I listened to his rage and kept mostly out of the way from the huge fight.

It was surprisingly impressive to see just one man battle so many and fighting with such inhuman force. I began to doubt myself at this point, I wasn't really sure if I would be able to outrun the huge man. I weighed out my options and decided that I could go seek the company of one of Izaya's other enemies instead, as that may be easier. Although just as I went to leave I overheard Shizou with to what appeared to be the leader of the gang who was pinned up against the wall...

He violently demanded he know where I was, and who I was with. The man didn't know, I guess this enraged Shizou but I didn't stay to watch as I was already speed walking the opposite way, knowing I would be in deep deep deep poop if Shizou saw m-

I was lifted up by the hood and swung 3ft off the ground by huge powerful arms from behind. I flailed my arms, trying desperately to grab onto something, anything! Panic set in and my heartbeat sped up to 100 miles per hour; 'I've had it! I'm screwed!' I thought to myself."Flea." He growled, yes, growled. I said nothing. "Tell me where the girl is or I'll just kill you here and now. His tone was deadly, and I knew he meant it. My last hope would be to try and wriggle my way out of this one and be someone else.

Literally. I whipped my arms out of the sleeves and fell to the ground - free of the coat. With adrenaline pumping harder than ever before I ran the fastest I ever had down the road, leaping onto and over cars that got in my way. I knew I was being tailed from the car alarms being set off close behind me, I jumped another car but this time crouched behind it, staying out of view. I tried to calm my breathing and make as little sound as possible.

Thankfully the raging monster continued to rampage past me and I was safe. I watched him continue to run on and turn the corner before moving out of my hiding space. I went back to retrieve my coat which of course had been carelessly dumped on the path. I shook it off to get rid of the dirt, once satisfied it was as clean as I could get it I set off once more to find some other company.

About an hour later, I had still been unable to find anyone particularly interesting, although I had a weird feeling that I was being followed but whenever I looked around there was no one that I recognised from 5 minutes or so back. After a rough 30 minutes of this I decided it was about time this person revealed themselves. So I took a turning into an alley, cliche I know, expecting that my stalker would regrettably follow.

I was right - a tall man in a hooded coat, a sense of agility and skill tinted his step. I felt like Izaya, smirking to myself in my mind. He looked like a trained assassin, none of those street gangs you see everywhere. I maintained a calm act and questioned him,

"so why are you tailing me? I don't want any trouble and I'm sure neither do you."

"You talk too much" He whispered, and with frightening lightning speed he pinned me against the wall with surprising strength. I gasped when my head hit the cold wall, I had been through this one too many times. I attempted to kick him in the balls but he blocked me and held a knife to my neck.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him with caution in my voice. He chuckled lightly, which was creepy in a way since I was unable to see his face from the bad lighting of the alley.

"I've a score to settle with Izaya, he caused the death of the girl I loved." I didn't doubt it, I didn't want to believe Izaya was a murderer but I knew this was the case. In his mind it wasn't murder but simply encouraging the death of the suicidal. I hated it.

"So I'll kill the girl he loves." He continued. "I'm sorry it had to be this way." I pleaded silently for Izaya, Shizou, anyone to come and rip this guy off of me. The knife pressed against my neck harder, it became hard to breathe. I knew no one was going to come, the reality of the situation settled in. I was going to die. My eyes widened and a tear escaped. My very existence seemed completely worthless in that moment. I felt the knife begin to swipe and the pain began, I squeezed my eyes shut. Izaya was there, a picture of him. I loved him, the sick, twisted murderer he truly was. He loved me. A girl no different to millions of others.

3 Days Later - Izaya's POV.

The police had arrived to tell me the news. They left shortly afterwards.[Name] had been killed, quickly with the single slash of a knife, her body found slumped against a wall in a alley with no other injury than the one on her neck.Even God doesn't always get his way. Shame. She was fun to play with, the most fun I'd had in a long time. She even believed that I loved her. I knew she'd get killed eventually, she did a lot of risky things.Well even though there is nothing after death, I'll put a grave next to her father for her. She would've wanted that, I owed her something at least after ruining her life for no reason. A wasted life.

The next day.

Her grave was set.

I had laid flowers down. It had been raining non-stop since I came back. I stood on the roof now, without my coat or knives. This was something I had never done before. In a way I felt the rain had washed away everything I was. Nothing to way me down except the shotgun in my hand. I lifted it to my head and wondered how it would feel to pull the trigger, as I had done so many times before.

But this time...

I pulled the trigger.

Hey. I'm sorry if I didn't end it how you wanted. I'm sorry if I didn't live up to your expectations. I ended it this way because I thought this way it would be better than if I wrote that the reader and Izaya have sex and everything ends happily ever after. If that's what you wanted then maybe someone in the comments can write that for you. I won't. This is how I want to end my story, because I don't want to write it any longer.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the hate.