Reunited.

My shaky legs were shoved down just as I has regained my balance, my knees hitting cold concrete. My head spun, like a hangover and throbbed then times worse. My throat too try to speak and dried vomit and blood stuck to my clothes. The potato bag had not been removed from my head for a long time, nor had I been fed or allowed to sleep for a long time. Every time I thought I could fall into unconscious bliss I was jolted awake by a kick in the stomach, intensifying the hunger pains. The thirst for revenge remained unsatisfied, as I soon came to understand there was no fighting out of this one.

Part of me wished I could've just suffocated to death in my coffin. The most painful part was that Izaya had been tied to chair so tight that his skin ripped and bled and placed in front of me, watching me die slowly. He couldn't talk, but I knew it was him from the sounds of him trying to talk which was heart breaking. I don't know why but it wouldn't surprise me if it had been him kicking me all along. To keep me alive. I had been awake so long that if I fell asleep now I might never wake up.

After what seemed like weeks I was Sat up and the bag removed from my head, however I was unable to open my eyes for the light was blinding and they were also stuck together. I felt myself be stripped down, but I no longer had the sanity or energy to care. I was drenched in cold water and scrubbed viciously. Strong hands worked at my tissue paper skin mercilessly, I feared what came next, surely he was not cleaning me for the sake of it.

I was right, a noose was hooked over my neck like some sick game, and I was forced to balance on a chair to stop myself from falling to my death. The man proceeded to cut my skin with Izayas pocket knife, all over. Teasing me and tempting me to fall off. Izaya struggled furiously in his chair the entire time.

Maybe a day had passed since then, I had been given some bread and water to keep me alive but I refused to eat it, it smelt funny which means it was probably drugged...

Izaya had been tapping me lightly with his foot for a while now as if he were trying to warn me something.

Another day dragged past and I could feel the life slipping away from me, I knew that if this continued, tomorrow wouldn't come. That's when it happened, a dozen people burst into our cold cell, a mixture of armed police and gang men being held under arrest by other cops. I also noticed a huge frame at the back of the crowd, who had began to untie us. Shizou. How had anyone known we were here? We we're supposed to be dead.

I didn't question the miracle any further as tears of relief fell from my eyes, everything will be okay now. I struggled to stay awake as I was carried out into an ambulance in strong yet gentle arms and from the moment I had been layed on the matress, I fell unconscious at last.

---A week later---

I had woken yesterday from intense medical care feeling  like a new person, I was still massively under weight but that would soon improve. As least I couldn't see my rib cage anymore. Many of the bruises and cuts remained, but were healing fast. I knew I wouldn't be the same, and I was struggling to cope mentally with  the occasional break down. Shizou had been there to support me from the second I woke up, explaining that the police's computer had been hacked from Izayas computer, sending them an urgent message that he had set up like an alarm clock. His back up plan if something went wrong. He had saved my life many times, but had also been the reason I needed my life saving in the first place, and I don't know if I could cope anymore... I love Izaya, but I can't live a life of getting hurt because of him.

I used a wheel chair to move around the hospital but I was not yet allowed to leave. I had asked for Izaya many times, saying that I needed to talk to him desperately, but they repeatedly said he was off limits. I was later told today that he was in a prison hospital, soon to serve 10 years for illegal hacking and possession of illegal documents as an information broker, they had sent an investigation team to see how he had hacked such high security systems. I had never cried so hard in my life, I cried so hard for so long that even after my wounds had healed they left me on a drip and admitted me to a ward for depression where I saw a therapist daily.

Of course it didn't help, and in the end I would lay on that uncomfortable hospital bed, staring at the ceiling hoping that it was all a dream. And that maybe I would wake up with Izaya next to me. The police had come to question me about many things and I no longer held back, I told them everything. I told them my life. And they told me everything will get better. I didn't doubt it, I slowly came to accept that I could live in peace, go to university and get a job. Meet new people. It had taken me 3 months to get my sh*t together, and now I was gonna do it. I'm gonna live like I never could, and wait for him to come back.