The Truth.

I stood there, shocked and wondering what could have happened.

"I can't pay for your apartment anymore." My step mother spat at me.

"w-why not?" I felt so confused, where would I stay? What would happen? I refuse to live with her.

The police man took a step towards me "your mother is being arrested for murder, the charge is 40 years in prison." I frowned, "she killed your father." the words had to echo through my head a couple of times before they were processed... My father. An image of him flashed through my head, a smiling man in his late 50s. My father.... Dead. He's gone. I remembered his funeral, sadness drained me. It's because of her. I gripped my hands, clenched my jaw and looked up, anger began to take over

"YOU BITCH" I screamed at her; before I had thought about it I had paced over to her and punched her in the face, hard. She staggered back but I paid no attention; my arm had reopened, familiar pain shot through me. Suddenly Celty was stood above me, protecting me from the cops that had started to enter. There was shouting but it started to grow faint, last thing I saw was Celty's sythe slicing the air above me. I was getting tired of collapsing.

I woke once again in Shinra's room, I didn't bother getting up. I needed some time alone; I was aware of the heavy weight in my chest. The weight of knowing the truth. A tear slipped down my cheek but I made no effort to wipe it away.

There was a pen and note pad on the table. 'Right' I mumbled to myself, I took a deep breath. I can't let Izaya know because God knows what he'll do and I'll make sure not to make a nuisance of myself to Celty and Shinra.

I left a quick note before slipping out of the apartment unnoticed.