A New Type Of Danger.

The gang was made up of 4 men, one with a baseball bat and all with yellow scarves somewhere on them. I was pushed up against the wall and my head banged against the wall

"let us have a little fun girl" One grinned at my chest so I slapped him, my hand stung.

"Oh you started it girl, we don't wanna have to force you." The largest guy with the baseball bat chuckled, moving in front of me while pushing the slapped one aside. He pointed it at my forehead, pressing the bat so my head was crushed against the wall even more. I felt angry at Izaya for ditching me here, getting me into this mess. Now I would have to hurt my hands again, but I knew how to protect myself.

I kicked the man in the gut, grabbed the baseball bat out of his hands and knocked him out as quick as I could move.

"Don't mess with me!" I spit in their faces, the smaller one comes from my left with a knife, I duck under his first jab, grab his arm and flip him over my head, using his momentum instead of my strength. I used the space he cleared to escape and ran as fast as my stumpy legs would take me out of the alley and down the street. I am going to kill that jerk Izaya if I see him again. I run in some random direction trying to get away, I weave through the crows, my small size coming in useful. I start to feel a stinging pain travel up my nerves on my arm, that guy was heavy despite his small frame when I swung him over my head.

I scooted into a small clothes shop and watched the gang run past. I stop to catch my breath while scanning the shop. I spotted the till and walked over, there was no one there so I rang the silver bell. An old lady came from the staff door after a while,

"How can I help you young miss?"

"I'm a little lost, could you help me please?"

"Yes, of course dear. I'll get you a map." She smiled and got a map out of the draw, handing it to me. Oh no not this again I thought to myself.

"Thank you very much."

"Your welcome dear, oh and your shirt is shredded, here you can have this one since I wasn't able to sell it." She handed me a [fav colour] shirt.

"Your too kind, let me know if you need help with anything at the shop wont you? Here I'll write down my name and phone number." I scribbled it down on a piece of paper and handed it to her.

"Have a nice day" She called as I walked out. I started wandering around, staring at the map and managed to find my way back to where the gathering around Izaya and Shizou was. I still didn't know where I was though so I started asking but again no one bothered to stop and help.

"Ah. You." A deep voice came from behind me, I turned to see Shizou staring down at me, a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

"Y-yes?"

"How do you know Izaya, you should stay away from him."

"He turns up when I'm minding my own business, I don't know him. Oh and could you help me find the sushi shop, I know where I live from there." I look into his shades, I don't really like it when I can't see peoples eyes because then you don't know what they are truly thinking. He simply points to a road and walks off. I smile to myself, I'm meeting all the interesting people in this place.

------------------------------------------------------ Later that day at home... -----------------------------------------------

"[name]-chan~ where did a little girl like you learn to fight like that?" Izaya smirked as he walked into my apartment uninvited.

"My daddy taught me before he died now go away." I grabbed the fork I had used for my pot noodle as defense but he just glanced over his shoulder at the street before walking in and dropping down on my sofa beside me.

"What would happen if your step-mother died?" He questioned me, testing to seeing if I knew.

"I would go into care until I'm 18 I guess." Sighing, since I knew there was nothing I could do to make him leave.

"Unless her will said different." He was deviously quieter now, almost seductive.

"I wish." I complained,

"What if I took care of you if she died?" Now he was deadly serious and leaning towards me.

"If you are trying to make me feel insecure it's not working. Oh and living with a stranger would be kinda creepy... Strangers in your apartment is also kinda creepy."

"[name]-chan I'm not a stranger, I'm hurt." He whispered into my ear, his breath tickling my neck sending shivers down my spine. I turn to face him and he's only a few centi-metres away gazing into my [e/c] eyes.

"I can make it happen you know. I'm the informant Orihara Izaya of Ikebukuro, I control everything you humans do." He continued staring, he was actually scaring me now.

"You seem different, you're not scared of me or Shizou." He leans closer still, a tense moment. I decide to break it and fall backwards laughing, he gives me a questioning look then a frustrated one. Between laughs I manage to say

"Your.... *laughs* face! so serious!! *laughs*" I'm cut off when he straddles me on the tiny sofa, my laughing stops when I see his eyes. They're glowing a creepy red.

"Can't you see? The city it's so.... terrifying. You don't see it. You come here and refuse to flock with the other sheep. I don't like it." With that he gets up and walks out of the door.