Chapter 17

I watch as Leorio gets ready to push the door open. I wasn't worried about that though. It was dark, and I was getting nervous. I tried to stay as close as possible to Kurapika. The blonde looks down at my nervous expression. "What's the matter?" He asks, keeping it down so the other boys don't hear.

"Nothing..." I say, also keeping my voice down. "It doesn't seem like nothing." I shake my head, basically having my shoulder touch Kurapika's arm. Leorio finally starts to push the door, hoping it would open. The gate wasn't budging. This was definitely going to be a pain. Leorio's face was turning red, pushing with all of his strength.

I was trying not to laugh at how dumb he looked. He finally gives in and takes deep breaths but then he tries to pull the door in every angle. Leorio groans, clearly frusterated that he couldn't get the gate opened. "I've pushed and pulled but it won't budge! Are you sure the gate isn't locked?"

"I'm afraid you're just not strong enough."

"Shut up! I was giving it everything I've got!"

Zebro then took his suit jacket off, along with his shirt. That left him in a white tank top. "Step back and watch." He said, walking towards the gate. I'm telling you; my man was ripped. It didn't look that impressive on screen but in person, oh lord. Zebro looked like he was on steroids or something.

"This gate is officially known as the Testing Gate, because anyone who's not strong enough to open it... Is considered unworthy of entering the Zoldyck estate." Zebro said, getting ready to open it. I fold my arms, watching intently. It was like watching it on TV, only in first person. Zebro grunts and pushes the gates, having it fly open in an instant.

It was very amazing to watch. Once the old man lets go, the gates shut immediately. "So, you can see that the door closes automatically, so you'll want to slip inside as soon as it opens. And you don't need to worry about Mike. He has strict orders not to attack anyone who enters through the Testing Gate."

Zebro then wipes his head that was sweating a lot. I personally thought it was gross, but I can't blame the guy for sweating. He just opened a strong gate. Zebro then says that they'll fire him if he can't open the gate, that he needed to stay in shape. "And I should mention, the first two doors weigh two tons each."

"What? You're really not supposed to be able to... Wait, what did you say?" Leorio said, staring at the old man. "Did you say the first two doors?"

"Yeah, take a look. There are seven doors in all. And keep in mind that each set is twice as heavy as the set of doors before it." Zebro said, staring up at the gate. "T-Twice?" Leorio stuttered out, not believing the man. Zebro continues saying the more force you put into it, the more doors you open.

Rubbing my neck, almost forgetting about the bandages, I sigh. 'I'm going to have to help... Huh?' I thought. I wanted to cry. I would probably die before I could get one door open. "Incidentally, when young master Killua returned to the estate, he opened three of them, just like that." Zebro said.

"Three? That's like... 12 tons!"

"It's 16 tons, Gon." Kurapika corrected, making Gon laugh nervously. "Starting to get it now? This is what it takes just to get through the door. They live in a completely different world." I sigh, knowing Gon was going to ask for the key. "I don't like that. May I borrow the key? I didn't come all this way to be tested. I came so I could see my friend."

Gon continued to say to think of him as an intruder. "So please, let me borrow the key, and I'll go through the intruder's door." Gon finishes.

"Gon!"

"Hey."

I hum, walking over to the boy. Gon glances at me in wonder. "I could go in with him." I said. "(Y/n)?!-" Although, Kurapika's sentence was interrupted by Gon who then said, "Lend it to us, or don't, but we're getting in. we'll climb the wall if we have too." I wasn't lying when I said I would go in with him.

If I somehow changed the timeline and Gon ends up going, it'd hurt everyone. The least I could do was follow him in after.

"Don't be stupid, Gon! Didn't you see that terrifying monster? Its forearm was bigger than your whole-body times two!"

"I told you; I don't like this! Why test your friends? It's crazy! There's no way I'm ever going through that door." Gon said. I place a hand on his shoulder, hoping for him to relax a little. It seemed that I helped a little, feeling his shoulder get less tense. "You're right, but if you think you can force your way in, think again. It's absolutely impossible. Mike will definitely kill you."

"I have to agree with you. We have the time, so let's find a way to use the first door. Besides, I can't have you and (y/n) getting yourselves killed." Kurapika said, also placing a hand on my shoulder. Although, Gon was dead set on taking the key. The boy lifts his hand up, wanting Zebro to give him the key.

I then hear Leorio whisper to Kurapika, saying that it was no use. That Gon wasn't budging. He's got that right. And as I said before, I'm right behind him. Zebro sighs and says, "I'm sorry to say this, but I can't let you have the key. I won't feed young master Killua's friends to Mike. I can't do it. Guess I don't have it in me."

Zebro then asked us to wait here a minute. I knew he was going to call the butlers to see if we could get permission. We then follow Zebro back to his office, watching him make a phone call. "Hello, this is Zebro. Sorry to call. It's just four of young master Killua's friends are here and they would very much like to see him."

Zebro then starts to apologize, saying that he understood. Hanging up the phone, the old man starts to say, "Yeah, I figured I would get yelled at."

"You called up to the house for us?"

"No, I was speaking with the Zoldyck family's butler. All communication with the mansion has to go through the butler first. It's not easy to reach the family members directly." Gon then walks up to the phone, asking Zebro to call again. Zebro then calls once more, giving Gon the phone. I start to feel a bit itchy because of the bandages on my neck.

I was trying my best to not itch at it. Leorio said I should keep it on for a few more days. Apparently, the cuts were deep. It will definitely leave a scar, at least that's what the teen told me. I then hear Gon talk on the phone, stating his name and why he was there. He also asked if he could speak to Killua himself.

Knowing it wasn't going to work, I sigh. Gon then places the phone down, dialing the number once again. "How could you possibly know that, huh?! Put Killua on the phone!" Gon yells, making all three of us hold our hands up in defense. I didn't even bother with my ears because I was in shock.

Hearing Gon yell like that in person was very frightening...