Chapter 34

I gasp and quickly sit up in an unknown bed. As I try to figure out what in the hell happened, I pat myself everywhere, trying to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. "Oh, (y/n). You're finally awake." I stop what I was doing and slowly look towards the door, finding Zushi. He had a soft smile on his lips and was walking in with a tray of food.

"Zushi... What... What happened...?" I ask, scared to find out. "You passed out after Master was helping you through breathing exercises-"

"What time is it?!" I suddenly yell, ripping the blanket off of my body. "Whoa! (Y/n), just relax!" I shake my head, not even caring about the delicious looking food that Zushi had on the tray. I grab onto Zushi's collar and swing his body, also not caring if I give him some kind of concussion. "Where's Killua and Gon?!" I ask, freaking out.

"T-they went to the 200th floor!" Zushi stuttered out, now dropping the tray. He couldn't save the food anyway since it all dropped on the floor. I stop violently shaking the poor boy and feel my hands shake. "The... 200th floor...?" I couldn't believe it. How could they just leave me here? "Y-yeah... I'm sorry, (y/n), but Gon and Killua said that you needed rest." Zushi says.

"Master and I also agreed. You pushed yourself so much so that you passed out." I slowly let go of Zushi's now messed up collar and take a step back, biting my bottom lip. "Then... where's Wing...?" I ask, now keeping my voice only slightly above a whisper. Zushi then explains that Wing's with Killua and Gon.

I felt so alone now. I gently hug myself, biting my bottom lip hardly and not caring if I drew blood. "Uhm, (y/n)? Your... your aura is flowing out." Zushi says, now pointing out the aura that was slowly flowing out of my body. Instead of answering, I shook my head and walk past the boy, wanting to leave. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm leaving... Judging by the daylight, I assume that it's too late to sign up. I guess I'll just see if I can get a room from the hotel next door." I said, now looking at Zushi from behind, about ready to open the door. Zushi stares at me with worry, wanting to stop me. Although, he was hesitant on it.

"I've fallen behind, Zushi... From the very beginning, I was afraid of falling behind, and here I am." I let a tear fall, finally leaving the room and shutting the door quietly. 'I'm such a fucking idiot... I don't deserve to be here.' I thought, now wiping my eyes.

           =====

"Are you sure that this is his room, Gon?"

"Yeah, Zushi said that (y/n)'s in this one. Just knock."

I slowly sit up on the small couch, now staring at my locked door. Hearing their muffled voices caused me to not want to open the door. I didn't even want to look at them. I felt so useless, so dumb for even coming here. I was wallowing in self-pity for the pass half hour. I sigh once a loud knock started to ring into my ears, almost making me cover them.

"(Y/n)! Hey! Open the door!" I hear Killua's muffled voice say, now trying to jiggle the doorknob. "Wait, don't keep jiggling the knob, Killua! What if he's asleep?" I groan quietly, rubbing my face with both hands. "Then he better wake up fast." I shake my head, not even caring if my aura was flowing out and slowly walk towards the door, putting my ear on it.

"Yeah...?" I couldn't see them. They probably wanted to brag about going up to the 200th floor. "Oh, (y/n), finally! We were getting worried!" I hear Gon say, making me smile a bit. "You idiot, open the door." I then put the chain in the locked slot, now unlocking the knob. As I slowly open the door, I peek out. "The doors opened now..." I quietly say, making Killua groan. 

"You know what I meant. Let us in." I gently stick my hand out and pet his fluffy white hair, shaking my head no. "I can't... sorry. I feel so useless right now and I don't want you guys to see me wallow in self-pity for another hour." I say. Gon gives me a worried look, now staring at Killua. "Maybe we should come back later then... right, Killua?"

Killua was stubborn though. He was shaking his head as he removed my hand off, now moving closer to the door. "No way. Let me in." Killua said, giving me a stern look. "Killua-"

"I said, let me in. Gon, just wait out here."

"Listen, if you break this door, you're paying for it." I said, warning Killua. "I don't care. (Y/n), let me in already..." I bite my bottom lip and stick my hand back inside, now slowly closing the door. I then unhook the chain and allow Killua to walk inside, leaving the poor ray of sunshine outside. "What. I let you in, so..."

Killua then places a hand on the door, looking down at me with slight worry in his beautiful blue eyes. "Ya know, your aura is flowing out." Killua says, nodding towards me. "Yeah... I'm having a hard time containing it. No matter what I think of... nothing seems to be working." I say, gently running my fingers through my (h/c) hair.

Sighing out, I felt my face heat up slightly as Killua moves his face closer to mine. "H-hey... Would you back up a bit? You don't need to analyze my face."

"You aren't useless, (y/n)." I flinch slightly at his words, not expecting Killua, of all people, to say something like that. "Gon and I weren't planning to let you go to the 200th floor anyway. Seeing you... screaming in pain yesterday... we... No, I couldn't watch." Killua says.

"I've... I-I've fallen behind. You even said that I wouldn't and here I am, stuck inside this room." I felt myself tear up at the thought, now trying to wipe my eyes. As I continue to wallow in self-pity, I feel Killua place a hand on my cheek, gently making me look up at him. "You're still strong, (y/n). And, you haven't fallen behind..." Killua whispers.

I almost blushed at how sincere he was. The albino boy then gently wipes my tears away with his thumb, still keeping his other hand on the door. I felt trapped but... I also didn't mind. This is my first-time seeing Killua like this. I don't think he's ever acted this way in the show so... I wonder what his deal is. 

"Don't... don't cry anymore, (y/n)." I blink my tears away and wipe my eyes once again, listening to Killua. He was right. I shouldn't be feeling this way just because I'm not on the 200th floor with them. It still didn't feel good though. Even if I felt scared to go up there, I probably still would've followed because of my own pride.

I also didn't want to be left alone. I had a lot of time to think while living with Akira and Jason. "Sorry..." I whisper, looking back into Killua's eyes. "It's... fine." Killua whispered back. It was now silent. Just us staring into each other's eyes, getting lost in them. 'Why does Killua look more handsome than usual?' I thought, biting the inside of my lip.

Not going to lie, I lost track of time at how long we were staring into each other's eyes. I wanted to laugh at how this looked like some type of anime romance scene with all the roses and the pink aura going around us. I also didn't realize how close our faces were, and once I realized, I didn't bother to pull away.

"Killua... maybe we should check on Gon..." I whispered, breaking the silence. "He's fine. I bet Gon left already..." The albino boy bends his head down a bit, moving closer to my face and leaving only a small gap between us. "Hey, fluffy... you're really close, you know...?" I said, still whispering.

"So...?" I felt my face flush a bit red. I was sort of nervous but never tried to stop him. It was like... I wanted this too. But... the question is, would Killua regret it? That's what I was nervous about. "Just letting you know..." I say, gently closing my eyes as the gap finally closed, feeling his lips pressed against mine...