Ch.11: Un-likely pairing & Unwanted Guests

Ch.11: Un-likley pairing & Unwanted guests

"Tracey, WHAT, are you doing in OUR room!?" Nev blurts out.

"Oh LyFyre, you haven't told her? Ugh, you haven't forgotten have you? You swore you'd train with us, help keep our people alive. Imagine! LyFyre and ICE teaming up once again, teaching an entire army! On the bus that first day, you inspired me and so many more of us!" She slows her spin in the chair, stopping in our direction, crossing her legs in a more serious manner. "This is THAT time we were talking about on the bus. Avalanches travel fast, huh?"

Nev is shaking she is so annoyed with Tracy's comfortability in our room, "Well this isn't some Headquarters chill spot for-"

She is interrupted by the toilet flushing and Moose coming out of our bathroom, "YOOO! LyFyre, WASSSSUPPP!"

Others storm into our room, accompanied by Anthony and Ty, whom we had met earlier; shoving past us with an assortment of sugary drinks, candies and school contraband! "Ugh!" Nev groans dramatically.

"Yo! My boy Anthony, welcome to the party-" Anthony covers Moose's mouth before he could speak over Tracey.

Tracey shrugs her shoulders and throws her feet up on Nevs vanity, "Get used to it, this winters gonna be an ICE one." She grins sinisterly from ear to ear.

Our dorm room has become overrun with LOITERERS. It feels good being the popular one for once, I might as well enjoy it, it will be short lived.

"Lyr, Lyr...Lyra!" Nev waves her hand in front of my face to bring me back to my senses.

"Huh? What? WHAT?" Reactively swatting her hand out of my face. "Ummmm. Yeah, Ima help get them outta here ...." Moving further into the room, away from the doorway. Crossing my arms and shifting my weight to one side, "You guys need to leave, it's late. And we should be studying," I say, mocking Mrs. Bubbles tone. Moose laughs a bit amidst the silence.

"Ahhh c'monnnn. Be cool Lyfe-Of-the-Party,'' Ty says pointing directly at me. "Get it, cuz Lyfefire...Lyfe?" His boys acknowledge the joke with high fives and head nods. That's so corny! But so, so cool nonetheless, how could I say no? I broke instantly, turning back to Nev with my hands in prayer. PLEEEEASE, can they stay? My mouth, Please, please please. I continue to beg.

She gives the biggest sigh she could muster. "Fineeeeeee..." She groans, and the room instantly comes back to life.

"Tonight we party. BUT tomorrow, LyFyre we get straight to work. You got that?" Tracey makes stern eye contact, I give a thumbs up, and immediately turn my face from her direction. I become anxious, and curl my fingers through my hair.

I haven't thought of anything yet! I completely forgot I even agreed to help so many people. She's gonna find out I'm a fraud wizard or worse an Eclipse!

"Hey LyFyre! Catch!" Moose tosses me a can, which amidst thinking of my doom, I manage to awkwardly catch inches away from my face.

"Ha. Ha. Do you know what that is LyFyre?" He has a sly, sneaky expression on his face.

I clear my throat, and nervously play with the can in my hands. "No," I answer quickly.

"HaHahahaha. It's WizFizz! The most WICKED of any witches brew you've-"

"No! Moose..." Nev rudely interrupts. "She will not be having ANY of your FIZZ..." Snatching the can from my hands and popping the can's seal mid sentence, "She has very important duties with ICE. Before she ends up in the I.C.U." We all turn our heads to Tracey who has already completely drowned us out within her own little world of staring at herself in Neveah's mirror whilst murmuring inaudibly.